It’s no surprise Google continues to change its algorithms to prevent people from gaming the system.
Panda, Penguin, in-depth articles, death of news releases…the constant changes are confusing and hard to keep up with even if you’re not a content farm or practice black hat search engine optimization.
If you consistently produce relevant and interesting content, the good news is a tweak to the algorithm rarely affects you. That said, it’s good to stay on top of the changes and what they mean to content marketing.
To that end, we have a special treat for you this week! Block out 12-1 p.m. ET this Thursday, September 26.
Content Marketing and SEO
- Google and how it works;
- Researching keywords;
- Using keywords in your content without violating the rules;
- Links and how to build them from high authority sites; and
- Guest blogging.
- What the recent changes at Google mean to you, from a content marketing standpoint;
- Three criteria to find the right keywords, how to use the Google keyword planner and Google trends in your research, and a shortcut for using the competitive column in the keyword planner;
- Four parts to using keywords in content, including internal linking and how to find keywords you’ve already used on your own site;
- How to figure out how trustworthy your site is, which sites are already linking to you, and how to increase your links; and
- Why guest blogging works and how to use it in your communications strategy.
He also discusses how to use search, social, and email in your content marketing program, what to consider for on-page SEO, and the basic rules to always consider.
If you’ve ever attended a webinar or speaking engagement with Andy, you already know this is going to be good and valuable. If you haven’t now’s your chance!
The Webinar Details
The webinar registration is a two-step process. Please “buy” (it’ll ask you to purchase, but the amount is $0) the webinar by clicking here. Then you will receive an email that asks you to register with Meeting Burner.
If you don’t take that second step, you won’t receive the call-in information nor will you receive the recording post-webinar. So don’t forget that step!
If you can’t attend live, please still go through the process to get yourself registered. That’s how we’ll know to send you a recording of it on Friday morning.
For those who can attend live, we will “see” you this Thursday at noon ET.