On the second day of Christmas, Spin Sucks gave to you… two secrets to become a Spin Sucks Crazy and the PR win of 2014.
Becoming a part of the Spin Sucks Crazies is no doubt on the 2015 list of many.
So today, we are going to help all of those “Crazies-in-Training” out there and share the two super special, hashtag-password-protected, secret handshake locked, ancient code hidden in a secret wall of an Egyptian tomb secrets to becoming a certified member of our team of Crazies.
You Must Have a Super Power
Now these aren’t just your typical, every day super powers, such as flying or super-sonic speed. Those are way too boring for our Crazies.
These are unique super powers, found nowhere else.
Some examples include:
- Darryl Robinson-Keys can find a pun or alliteration out of almost any situation.
- Danny Brown is a world famous teeth musician.
- Superman might be faster than a speeding bullet, but Paula Kiger comments on every blog post at light speed.
- Brian Tudor plans Spiderman’s social calendar.
- Bill Dorman is an expert of paying for drinks that are free.
- Liz Reusswig spreads a forcefield of “nice” everywhere she goes
- The JackB lives a life of mystery and intrigue, while in his free time working as Dear Abby.
- If Tolstoy was around to comment on blogs, he’d be constantly trying to emulate Howie Goldfarb, whose comments combine the art of longevity and ridiculousness to form, well, something…
- Heather Tweedy seems mild mannered…until she pulls out her amazing hair-changing, avatar shape-shifting powers mid-comment thread.
- Eden Spodek, among other things, is a magnificent meme maestro. Give her a topic and, like black magic, she’s give you a meme.
- Rob Biesenbach leverages his handsome mug to distract and disorient comment spammers. Ever wonder while other blogs complain of spam and troll commenters we never do? Rob is the secret.
- Corina Manea is one of the leaders of our European “Crazies Abroad” program, where she fights destructive spin overseas.
As you can see we only accept extraordinary. Please take note when submitting your application for Craziness—average superpowers need not apply.
You Must Take the Pledge
(Note: If you film yourself taking the pledge you get brownie points)
I, (enter you name) do solemnly swear to do my part every day to fight the forces of destructive spin. I promise to read the Spin Sucks blog daily and with intention (exceptions made for family emergencies, natural disasters, and other pre-approved excuses), support my fellow Crazies, ask questions when I have them, and use the lessons of integrated, results-focused communications for good vs. evil. While I might not always comment, or comment at all (we love our “phantom” Crazies too) I shall do my part to help transform the PR industry.
Then you must yell “Spin Sucks” as a cheer.
Spirit fingers required. Pom pom usage a definite bonus, along with any efforts to organize a parade, big band salute, or fireworks that explode to spell out “Spin Sucks” in the sky.
And that’s pretty much it.
We look forward to meeting and learning from our 2015 Spin Sucks Crazies Inductees. You all are what makes our world go round. Our very own PR and Marketing Pro Avenger Team.
You teach us daily, make us think, make us laugh, and make Spin Sucks what it is with your unique, amazing, and often ridiculous super powers.
And now we turn it over to the Crazies themselves: What additional tips do you all have for all those wanna-bes out there?