I consider myself pretty savvy when it comes to communication, marketing, and technology, but the idea of podcasting a book is new to me. So, after Joe, Martin, and I talked on InsidePR about Terry Fallis and his new book, I did some research on how to podcast a book.
Turns out, I’m not the only one who hasn’t considered this opportunity. There is very little to be found on how to podcast your book. BUT! I did find 10 steps on how to podcast a book from Grammar Girl and Scott Sigler that I thought you’d find interesting because, well, I did.
- Finish your book. Don’t try to podcast while you’re writing it.
- Edit your book.
- Record an entire test episode for practice.
- Record the entire book.
- Publish a new podcast every week. If you record the book first, you’ll be consistent and have material every week until the book is finished.
- Post four episodes before promoting so you can hook listeners in on their first visit.
- Promote, promote, promote!
- Create an audio promo.
- Promote with social media.
- Keep writing and podcasting!
It’s pretty interesting to hear how Terry was able to secure an agent, a publisher, and a book tour by podcasting his first book. Listen to the June 23 episode of InsidePR here.