Alright. I know Lindsay Bell got a #FollowFriday last October, but there is a very good reason for the repeat.
She is joining our team!
For a couple of years now, we’ve been trying to find a way to work together. You see, not only do I think she’s hilarious, I find her writing extremely compelling and very engaging.
Sadly, the reason we have finally been able to make it work is because Lisa Gerber is leaving us. Lindsay is stepping into her spot to manage the guest bloggers here, create content we can sell (like the webinar we’re having next Thursday about Google analytics), and (finally) launch Spin Sucks Pro.
Lindsay spent most of her career with the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, and most recently was in charge of content at Radian6 and then Jugnoo. When she started at Jugnoo, I figured if we couldn’t hire Lindsay directly, the next best thing was to have her as a client!
But now she’s working with us and that means you’ll have LOTS of interaction with her.
Some things you need to know about her:
- She pretends she’s a tough maritimer, but really is one of the kindest and most considerate people I know
- She has a 13-year-old son
- She has super bad allergies, which makes her fit in really well with the rest of us here
- She loves beer like I love wine
- She is very smart and extremely witty
- She doesn’t “do” office politics (it’s a good thing; I dont either) and she doesn’t do windows
- She lives in Toronto so we really are doing this whole global, virtual thing
- She has a great sense of humor
- She smokes and the only reason I’m saying this is because I’ve been trying to guilt her into quitting for years so now you can help me with that goal!
So if you don’t already know Lindsay, please welcome her into the Spin Sucks fray. And, if you do know her, please comment below on what you love about her so others get to know her a little bit better.