By Lindsay Bell
Hello friends, and welcome to another edition of Gin and Topics (arguably the best post of the week…am I fired again?) (Note from Gini: Yes!).
Normally, we say pithy things such as “close your office door before watching these!” or “Don’t disrupt your colleagues by laughing too loudly!” – but not today.
Because today, this particular Friday afternoon, I would venture to say 95 percent of you – in Canada and the United States – have already left the office.
IT’S A LONG WEEKEND!!!!!!
Alas, the last official one of the summer, but still. So, dear crazies, enjoy this batch of videos – enjoy ‘em by the pool, on the dock, sitting on the back deck with whatever libation turns your crank, or even while driving to the cottage (don’t watch in that case, just listen).
And this week? Laugh as loud as you frikken want to!!
5. Steve Martin and Kermit the Frog in Duelling Banjos. I mean, really? The world’s greatest frog AND the squish’able Steve Martin…?? What more is there to say? Other than I miss Jim Henson terribly – Kermit’s voice…it’s not the same. *sobs*
4. Voicemail Car Accident. Ahhh, this one takes me back to the good ol’ days of driving while talking on your cell phone (jokes). But trust me, it’s not what you’d expect. Like, AT ALL. It’s very funny. And ‘they’ say it’s real. I really hope it is.
3. Little Girl and Baby Gorilla Become Friends. OK. We don’t do politics here at Spin Sucks. So let’s leave the whole “zoos are terrible” and “how can anyone question the theory of evolution” talk outta this (see what I did right there?). The bottom line here is if this video doesn’t make you squee, take your cold, dead, black heart and run it through a meat grinder. If you even have a heart in the first place.
2. Lenny Kravitz Blows a Bunch of Kids’ Minds. I’ve always had a soft spot for Lenny Kravitz. And no, not only because I grew up watching his mom Roxie Roker on The Jeffersons. Sigh. I’m old. But I digress! Kravitz is one talented dude. This video proves he’s an awesome dude as well. Watch the top, then if you want, fast forward to about the three minute mark. That’s where the magic really begins. All I could think the entire time was “Those kids must be out of their ever loving minds right now!!!!!” Well done, Lenny.
1. Conan Catches Jordan Schlansky Coming in Late. As a former TV producer, this clip made me howl. We worked the same Monday to Thursday production schedule, and Fridays were always…interesting…as people staggered in at various times of the day. But this?? This is pure gold. Conan must be a riot to work for. And I don’t know this Schlansky guy, but I think I’m in love with him. The clip’s a bit long, but worth every single minute.
NOTE from Lindsay: Please feel free to email your video finds to me, as well as Gini, each week! I’ll be working with Gin and Topics guest writers until the beginning of October, and it’s a huge help. I can be reached at LBell@armentdietrich.com.
Have a great weekend everyone!