During junior high, I somehow became obsessed with the JFK assassination.
I’m pretty sure I’ve read everything there is about the theories, the science, the news, and more.
In fact, I think the reason I loved 11/22/63 as much as I did is because of Stephen King’s fictional portrayal of the months and weeks leading up to it and its humanization of Lee Harvey Oswald.
While I wasn’t alive in 1963, it still floors me it has been 50 years. As this blog post publishes, the nation will have a moment of silence in the President’s honor.
While we remember the great man and the tragedy our country experienced, I bring you a little levity.
5. Car Crash at 185 MPH. This is craaaaaazy! A guy was trying to break his record of 200.9 mph when he crashed at the Bonneville Flats. You have to watch this because you will be amazed he walked away with only a collapsed lung.
4. “Oils” – A Thanksgivukkah Miracle. I know we did a Royals parody last week with Puddles the Clown (who Lindsay has fallen in love with), but I had to include this for three reasons: 1) It’s produced and acted by Gregg and Elise Jaffe, who are Chicago royalty; 2) It plays on the combined Thanksgiving and Hanukkah we’re about to experience; and 3) It’s H-I-larious!
3. Couple Performs Dirty Dancing at Wedding. I WISH I HAD THOUGHT OF THIS! I want to get married again just to do this. This couple wanted to perform the Dirty Dancing dance at their wedding reception. They got their bridal party involved and totally nailed the dance. So. Much. Fun.
2. The Hungry Games: Catching Fur. OK, perhaps this goes back to my childhood, but anything Sesame Street does is very funny to me. In this Catching Fire parody, Cookie Monster leads his pals to find the cookies, while they are assaulted by fruit. May the cookie forever be in your flavor.
1. Xbox One: Retirement Home. This is a great ad for Xbox One with Brian Urlacher and Ray Lewis. They discuss retirement as they play football through their new video game consoles. I laughed out loud.