By Lindsay Bell
Yes, yes, it’s me again, serving up some delicious Gin and Topics for your viewing pleasure.
It’s been a short week – but, as per usual – short weeks always seem longer and harder than the regular ones do.
What’s up with that?
Also, what’s up with the weather? It’s like the kids all officially go back to school and BOOM – someone flips a switch and it’s fall?
I blame the rug rats.
We’re now counting down the days until Christmas. Hey, don’t shoot the messenger – facts are facts.
So now that I have you all down and depressed, put your feet up, dry your eyes, and get ready for some funny.
5. BEAT IT – DUBSTEP. This is Marquese ‘Nonstop’ Scott. And this boy can DANCE! I watched this video over and over again, convinced there’s some kind of digital manipulation going on. I can’t believe any human being can move like this. Now, you decide.
4. Kids Vibing on The Ellen Show. Speaking of hip hop and breakdancing moves, I can’t help but think this was little Marquese ‘Nonstop’ Scott at age eight! I adore Ellen, and it’s time to break out the cardboard, ’cause these three young cats will blow your mind when they start getting their vibe on!
3. Best. Advertisement. EVER! No, really. This ad won top spot in 2010, and I can see why. It’s dark, the accompanying music is perfect, and just when you think you’re watching a horrible tragedy unfold before you…well, I won’t spoil the plot twist. But I LOL’ed my head off!! Rock on little mouse!
2. Webcam 101 For Seniors. My mom and stepdad are finally entering the digital age. They’re getting a computer (Ok, they’re getting a Blackberry tablet – *head desk* – but it’s a start). AND the internet! I am thrilled. Because now I won’t have to hear “How come so and so knew such and such before I did?” – Um, because it was on my Facebook wall, Mom! Anyhow, when I saw this video, I immediately thought of Mom and Jerry – they really are two peas in a pod, and adore each other to bits. And I love how much fun this couple are having trying to figure out their webcam together.
1. Eighty-Five Year Old Best Friends. To end, I’m just going to leave you with this. I want to go have dinner with these two geezers. What a hoot! And I’m calling TLC as we speak. #reality show!
NOTE from Lindsay: Please feel free to email your video finds to me, as well as Gini, each week! I’ll be working with Gin and Topics guest writers until the beginning of October, and it’s a huge help. I can be reached at LBell@armentdietrich.com.
Have a great weekend everyone!