Right, Mother Nature?!? Do you hear me?? It’s going to snow in Chicago!
Actually, I just looked at the radar and it’s all rain. It’s too warm. Booooo!
We had a special day this week – it was Leap Day and one of the topics for today is based around something really cool on that day.
I’ll let you at Gin and Topics now so you can see what it is.
5. Marriage Proposal Goes Viral. A few weeks ago, Len Kendall send a private message to his Facebook friends titled, #OperationSayYesKatie. It was to ask everyone to participate, on Leap Day, in creating and promoting memes around Len asking Katie Holland to marry him. She said yes! But watch the video WGN did because, when you find out how she found out, you’ll cry. Just a little bit.
4. Wisdom from the Most Influential PR Person of the Century. When I first moved to Chicago, the PRSA monthly luncheons were held at the Chicago Athletic Club. There was one elevator. It held maybe six people. And it was old. Super old. One day, running late and in six inch heels, I jumped on to the packed elevator, only to find myself face-to-face with Dan Edelman. If I’d had this blog back then, I would have interviewed him on the spot. Which is why I’m so jealous Mark Schaefer had the opportunity to sit down with Harold Burson.
3. Indian Boy Limbo Skates Under Four Cars. I don’t know what I like most about this video. The kid “warming” up before he skates or the sheer pain I can feel when he goes flat to the ground.
2. The Lively Morgue. If you missed it in yesterday’s blog post about the New York Times, I highly recommend you check out their Tumblr blog. Every day they are featuring photos from their archives (which you can buy). Even if you’re not a history nut, the storytelling is so rich, you won’t want to miss it.
1. Romanian Brothers, Seven and Five, Are Unbelievably Strong. When Krista Kotrla sent this to me as a Gin and Topics candidate, I’ll admit I didn’t know what to expect. Now all I can say is, be prepared to be shamed by two little boys and their ability to do such things as 90 degree vertical push-ups.
Have a great weekend!