I both love and hate summer. I love it because of summer hours and riding my bike outside and getting a really terrible cycling tan, which renders wearing sundresses impossible.
But I hate it because no one is around and it takes about 16,000 times longer to get any work accomplished. I guess I should be thankful for the extra time to get some more strategic business things accomplished, huh?
That said, I spent Saturday through Tuesday in Austin (where it was 1,000 degrees with a gazillion degrees humidity) at Counselors Academy. It gave me time to think, really think, about the future of Arment Dietrich, how Spin Sucks folds into the continued growth there, and the new and exciting things we can offer you.
The biggest thing I’m having to practice now is patience. It’s hard when you’re excited about your company’s vision to not want to do everything at once. Which, of course, will fail, but still.
While I ride my bike and think more about the future of these businesses, I’ll leave you Gin and Topics.
5. What Kind of Asian are You? You begin watching this and think it might be a bit racist and then it is and it’s brilliantly done and you will laugh. Be sure to watch past the credits for the bloopers. The woman is hilarious!
4. Big Rooster Scares Reporter. I don’t know what is more funny about this: The reporter screaming like a little girl or his production team laughing hysterically at him. I mean, really. He’s a grown man.
3. Mean Tweets, the NBA Edition. Oh Jimmy Kimmel. How I love you so. He has NBA stars read some of the mean tweets people have sent to them. I’m pretty sure I am the one who sent the tweet Shaq reads, but tell me it’s not true!
2. Pub Loo Shocker. I don’t know why I think this is so funny, but it is! It’s an ad from Leo Burnett about how impaired just one drink may make you. It’s pretty powerful and it will make you laugh.
1. Pug Bowling. It takes a couple of minutes to get into this one, but stick with it. With hardwood floors, toy bowling pins, Pledge, a laser points, and a pug, you get to see the most amazing bowling ever played.
Have a great weekend!