What a crazy week! First there is an earthquake on the East Coast (I know it’s not a big deal to you West Coasters, but those buildings can’t withstand that kind of shaking).
Then Steve Jobs resigned (which makes me really sad because I think we’ll soon hear of his death).
What’s going to be the third big piece of news this week? I hope it’s not Hurricane Irene as she moves up the east coast.
So I have a secret. The new Spin Sucks Pro site is being delivered today. It’s just the design and content management system, which means we still have to do our part of uploading content. But I think we’ll be able to release it out of private beta by the third week of September. I hope I didn’t jinx it, but the real thing is right around the corner! I know I speak for my entire team when I say, “I CANNOT WAIT!”
More to come, but that was brewing inside and I just had to tell you. For now, here is this week’s Gin and Topics.
5. Unsavory Culinary Elitism. I have a few friends who like to get my blood boiling (cough, Rusty Speidel, Sean McGinnis, cough). They’ll send me links just to watch my reaction. And, even know they’re pushing my buttons, I ALWAYS react. I’ll never learn. Kind of like the fact that I’ll never learn that saying, “I’m executive platinum and travel through O’Hare at least twice a week” never works with TSA. And this article Rusty sent me got my blood boiling. There is not one culinary experience for every, single person. Plus, I love Paula Deen. Jerks.
4. Brown Links to CrazyKhazei Twitter Account. It’s already begun…and the election is still 14 months away. It’s another Chrysler F bomb story, but in the Massachusetts Senate race. A top aide for Scott Brown apparently is behind the CrazyKhazei account. He was found out because he accidentally tweeted from his personal account. Sound familiar?
3. At Funeral, Dog Mourns. I saw this on Facebook the other night. I was in a hotel room, watching the Ray Kroc story on CNBC, and flipping through my stream. If this doesn’t make your heart hurt, you clearly don’t have one.
2. Peyton Manning As a Kid. In honor of the new NFL season, let’s watch Peyton Manning whine as a three year old. I guess some things never change. DA BEARS!
1. Rick Rolling. This is just freaking cool!
Have a great weekend. And to my East Coast friends…be safe!