I have to say, even among all the controversy with NBC and tape delays and Twitter accounts being suspended, I’ve really enjoyed the Games this year.
This morning, I started to cry when they told the story of Oscar Pistorius running the 400 meter race for South Africa…on prosthetic legs. It’s pretty freaking amazing what human beings can do when they put their minds to it. And, not only may he take home a medal, he’s teaching kids with prosthetic legs how to run and not let others treat them like they’re different.
I love that.
Go Team USA!
And, speaking of Team USA, we have a couple of videos that pay tribute to the swimming and gymnastics teams.
5. Call Me Maybe – 2012 USA Olympic Swimming Team. I saw this video too late last week, as I’d already written Gin and Topics. So I saved it for today, which also risks you’ve already seen it. This is the swimming team singing, dancing, and swimming to Call Me Maybe. I’ve seriously watched it at least five times, even though the song is waaaaaay overdone.
4. Nationals Bullpen Reads Fifty Shades of Grey. Daria Steigman sent this to me and I was crying from laughing so hard. It’s not very long and don’t forget to wait until the very, very end…even after the MLB logo.
3. Actors Read Yelp Reviews. Actress Therese Plummer reads Yelp reviews…the good and bad including Indian food that made one reviewer “pee out my butt.” Holy cow. Thanks to Nicole Vernet for making sure I saw this!
2. The Smartest Dog in the World. I don’t know if I should be really impressed by this or pained by it. The smartest dog in the world is so well trained, he knows “touch” vs. “get” and, when he’s told to get the toy on the count of three, he doesn’t go near it, literally, until the guy says three. Thanks to Blair Minton for sending it along!
1. What Makes You Beautiful: A 2012 USA Gymnastics Team Parody. This is a riot! It’s to the tune of One Direction’s “What Makes You Beautiful,” but some guys in a gym paying tribute to the women’s gymnastics team.
Happy weekend, everyone!