Did anyone else feel like this was the longest short week of their life? One of my goals this year is to work no more than 12 hours a day and I blew that on Wednesday, my first day back. But I managed only 12 hours yesterday. Baby steps!
Hopefully your New Year’s resolutions are going better than that.
I’m sorry for those of you who missed Gin and Topics last Friday (cough, Mattie Dietrich, cough). I took a day off! But we’re back and it’s time for your weekly break from PR and marketing.
5. Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake. I have no words for this. It’s just plain, old awesome. Fallon and Timberlake perform snippets of rap songs through history. It’s 10 minutes, but it’s three different shows weaved together…and worth every second. Your crush on Justin Timberlake will increase after this (guys, you too). I am in love.
4. Waverley Mansion’s Call Me Maybe. I know we’ve had enough of the Call Me, Maybe? meme (even my four year old niece wanted me to sing it to her on Christmas Eve), but this is hilarious. I mean, old people lip syncing to the song? It doesn’t get better than that! Thanks to Rebecca Todd for the find!
3. Royal Family Doctor. If you missed this on SNL, it’s a must watch. It’s “instruction” to the Royal OB/GYN to the Duchess of Cambridge on how to speak to the “Royal A-hem” during examinations. When it’s explained what to do on delivery day, I laughed out loud. It’s very naughty (and kind of rude), but very, very funny! Thanks to Karyn Cooks for the find!
2. Dog Flip. You know me and animals. Anytime they do something funny, it makes me laugh. And this is no exception. This dog literally flips while he eats. Thanks to Mr. D for finding it and knowing it would make me laugh.
1. Socialnomics 2013. Alright. I lied a little bit. You don’t fully get a break from PR and marketing because this revised video from Eric Qualman and his team is a must watch. It’s updated stats on the state of social media and its use in business.
Happy weekend, everyone!