I have had a crazy 14 hours leading up to this post and I totally forgot it wasn’t finished…until 30 minutes before it was to be published.
Never has Gin and Topics been produced so quickly. If there aren’t any typos in here, I will be amazed.
I always write it around 6 a.m. on Fridays (after the Inquisition is written), but today I had to tend to a client fire and I just forgot.
During a conversation with Laura Petrolino, I blurted out (while she was talking), “OMG! I HAVEN’T DONE GIN AND TOPICS YET!”
Phew! So here it is, with four minutes to spare. I’m going to go ride my bike and lower my blood pressure now.
5. Every Meeting You’ve Ever Been To… in Two Minutes. This is fantastic and super funny (because it’s true). I guarantee you’ve heard at least five of these things in every meeting you’ve ever attended. Here is what your colleagues are actually saying.Here is what people actually mean when they use corporate jargonClick To Tweet
4. Morgan Freeman Narrates Pedestrians On Hollywood Boulevard. Jimmy Kimmel sets a camera up on Hollywood Boulevard and asks Morgan Freeman to narrate their activities as they walk by. There is nothing better than this perfect voice talking about selfie sticks. (If you don’t have his voice on Waze GPS, it’s a must.)Morgan Freeman narrates pedestrians and it is pure goldClick To Tweet
3. Jennifer Garner Reads Go the **** to Sleep. This is definitely not safe for work or kids so beware. But Jennifer Garner, who might very well have the sweetest face on earth, reads the now famous book and it is both hilarious and adorable.The now famous book, Go the **** to Sleep, is read by Jennifer GarnerClick To Tweet
2. “Trumped” Starring Matthew Broderick & Nathan Lane. Jimmy Kimmel is having a great week! For his show, Matthew Broderick and Nathan Lane re-create The Producers in honor of he-who-shall-not-be-named.The Producers run a losing campaign on behalf of he-who-shall-not-be-namedClick To Tweet
1. Ellen Meets the Dancing Starbucks Barista. A few weeks ago, I showed you a video of the dancing Starbucks barista, which is one of the most incredible stories of the year. He and his manager got to appear on Ellen and it is amazing. Your heart will be warm. I may have cried. Either that or there were lots of onions in my office. (Also, what crazy good publicity for Starbucks. You can’t plan this.)The dancing Starbucks barista is on Ellen and it will warm your heartClick To Tweet
Have a great weekend!