It’s been a sad week, with the passing of Steve Jobs. The Apple store on Michigan Avenue is surrounded with candles and flowers. It’s a sad week for all of us who use Apple products…and even those of us who don’t (cough, Chris Barger, cough).
But I also think we’ve reached saturation stories about him so I won’t say anything more.
What I will tell you, though, is it’s marathon weekend in Chicago! I haven’t run the Chicago marathon in six years (MUCH prefer cycling to running), but it’s still tons of fun to go to the expo and stand out and watch the runners.
My high school friend, Mike Koehler, is here to run it so we’ll cheer him on, have some good food, a couple bottles of wine, and reminisce about skipping French class every, single day and my still pulling out an A.
Oh! And! The Bears play the Lions on Monday night. I hope you’ll all be cheering for the Bears to beat the Lions, if only so their undefeated streak is broken. Because, we all know if the Lions go undefeated, the Mayans were right about 2012. That or hell has frozen over.
And with that…Gin and Topics.
5. Who Is this Steve Jobs Fellow? OK. I said I wasn’t going to talk anymore about Steve Jobs. I lied. You’ll see why. This is an actual tweet Michael Oher (the kid The Blind Side is about and offensive lineman for the Ravens) sent on Wednesday night. Thanks to Sean McGinnis for sending it to me last night. Oy.
4. And then the PR Guy Called Me (a bad name). I can’t decide if this is funny or traumatic. I really don’t understand PR pros who don’t know how to communicate. I understand the “reply all” mistake. But to keep antagonizing the blogger in email, after she calls you out for calling her a name? And we wonder why the industry has such a bad perception.
3. Florida Lawmaker Wants to Repeal Dwarf-Tossing Ban. I can’t make this stuff up. The reason? To create more jobs, of course. Duh.
2. 10 Things to Do When You’re Dead. Oh this is good! My favorite? Marriage for cadavers to “provide departed loved ones with comfort and company in the afterlife.”
1. Betty White. I leave you with the following photo. Enough said.
Have a great weekend! Go Bears!