It’s an exciting day!
Shel Israel joins us today for our very first Livefyre Q&A of the year.
Shel is a communicator by trade and helps businesses tell their stories in engaging ways as a writer, consultant, and presentation coach.
His Forbes column, The Contextual Beat, looks at how mobile, social media, sensor, location, and data technology converge and what it all means for our futures.
He co-authored (with Robert Scoble) the Age of Context: Mobile, Sensors, Data, and the Future of Privacy and he’s going to hang out with you for an hour today.
He can answer any and all questions you have about his latest book, what the age of context means, how social media will converge with the other four, what it means for each of us, and how this could be more valuable than an executive assistant or a butler (Downton Abbey, anyone?).
Today’s Livefyre Q&A
At noon ET (that’s 11:00 CT, 10:00 MT, and 9:00 PT for those of you who can’t do time zones), Shel will be here so you can ask him what all of this means and how it will change society in the future.
In order to participate, all you have to do is:
- Make sure you have a Livefyre account or be ready to sign in with one of your social networks.
- Set a reminder for noon ET today.
- Order the book so you can help Shel out, but also get your learn on.
- Create a list of questions (if you haven’t read the book, go to Amazon and read through the content there; you’ll find some things to help you formulate questions).
- Come back here, scroll to the bottom, and write a comment in the form of a question. As soon as you hit “post comment,” Shel will see it and reply to you. You can even join the conversation around questions others are asking, if you like.
We’ll be here for an hour so you can join us the entire time or step in and out during the hour. It’s entirely up to you; just make sure you’re here before 12:59.
Win a Copy
Those of you who participate in today’s Livefyre Q&A (even if you’re late to the party, but not if you’re an Arment Dietrich employee) will be entered in a random drawing for a free copy of the book.
We bought two copies and will give them away, but you have to actually leave a comment, ask a question, or participate in the chat to be entered in the drawing. Otherwise we won’t know you were here.
Get ready with your questions and join the conversation. And don’t fear! If you missed the live portion of this, we’ll keep the drawing open until midnight PT so you still have time to get in your questions.
Former Guests and Who’s Next
For former guests, check out Margie Clayman, Sarah Robinson, Mark Story, Beth Hayden, Sarah Evans, Stanford Smith, Chris Brogan, C.C. Chapman, Mitch Joel,Danny Brown, Chuck Hemann, Michael Brito, DJ Waldow, Tom Martin, Ahava Leibtag, and Jay Baer.
And following are the dates for the next few months, so mark your calendars!
Same bat time, same bat channel.