It’s Facebook question of the week time (clap, clap, clap!).
Jeremy Whittaker, my Utah turned Germany friend, asks, “Could you give a rundown of the the best technologies for a corporate blog? I’m looking for the best platforms and plugins that make a blog rock.”
Sure, Jeremy! This is a question we get a lot so I have a handy dandy list already created.
The video has my favorite plugins and which platform you should use. After the video you’ll find an additional list of free and paid plugins that aren’t mentioned in the video.
And don’t forget to go to our Facebook wall and leave a question on the wall there. I need some questions. I also take dares (within reason).
Without further ado…the video. If you can’t see it in your Reader, click here and it’ll magically appear.
- Advanced permalinks
- Anti feed-scraper message (alerts you if anyone steals your content)
- Best related posts (creates the links at the end of every post that is similar to the content you just published)
- Comment notifier (alerts people who leave comments that someone has responded)
- Dagon design sitemap generator
- Easy popular posts
- Exclude pages from navigation (we use this for paid content or private content)
- Feature comments
- Google analytics for WordPress
- Most commented widget
- Popular posts
- Post-plugin library
- Recent comments
- Recent comments widget
- Tweetbacks (shows tweets as comments on the blog)
- Tweet old posts
- WordPress database backup
- All-in-one SEO pack
- Democracy (allows you to create polls)
- Livefyre (commenting system we recommend to everyone)
- WP to twitter
- OnSwipe (allows you to view the blog on the tablet as if it’s a magazine)
- Akismet ($5/month)
- Scribe SEO
- Scribe support script (free, but supports the one above)