Because Monday is a holiday for all of North America and LOTS of people will be sneaking out early today to extend their weekend just a little bit longer (raising my hand), I thought I’d do a recap of all of our #FollowFriday to date.
This makes it easy on me, of course, because I already have half the year complete from doing this very thing on July 5, but also because this means I will only have to do a quarter of the year in December.
I hope everyone has a great weekend. Me? My brother, brother-in-law, and nieces are visiting so I see a beach and picnics in my future.
#FollowFriday Recommendations for 2013 (So Far)
- Starting the year out right, Amy Vernon (my wife) shows us what it’s like to really be the bacon queen.
- See how Sam Fiorella is getting by with co-authoring a book with Danny Brown.
- Find out why Nick Kellet is the king of lists and what he wants you to do about it.
- Discover why I think Jon-Mikel Bailey is one of my most crazy (but completely lovable) friends.
- Check out some of the very cool things John Trader is doing at his company.
- Ask Elissa Freeman why she carries around so many snacks in her bag.
- Learn who Brian Vickery cheers for during football season.
- Ask DJ Waldow who is favorite writer is and learn more about his email marketing prowess.
- Read the comments to see how hilarious Laura Petrolino truly is and learn about her flying pig obsession.
- On an International Women’s Day post, learn more about the amazing women I get to work with every day.
- Get to know Dwayne Alicie who went back to school so he could join this crazy communications world we’re in.
- Learn more about Alaska big game guide Amber-Lee Dibble.
- One of our Top Ten guest bloggers of 2013, Erica Moss is more than just eyeglasses-obsessed.
- He got me to sing on camera (in a group, at the back) and threatens to make me do the same at Social Brand Forum in October. Presenting Chuck Kent.
- The mom of ultra-talented daughters and lover of theater, Liz Reusswig is a gem.
- A new addition to Visualy, Joe Cardillo created an infographic of beer vs. blogging…without being asked!
- In honor of her birthday, Aimee West was highlighted for her social media and web work at East Lansing Food Co-Op.
- A former client and all-around good guy, Brian Tudor has a love for all things comics.
- Otherwise known as Big Green Pen, Paula Kiger gives back to her community by leading book club at the women’s penitentiary.
- The great giver of delicious macaroons, Eden Spodek is a wife, mother to two boys, blogger, and PR pro.
- A Second City graduate, Rob Biesenbach is a comedian, speaker, communicator, and actor.
- A Canadian native, Sherrilynne Starkie has lived in several countries and backpacked through even more.
- You know her as Word Ninja, Amanda Eastep is also a travel blogger and writer.
- Although he hates this joke, it’s pretty easy to remember Clay Morgan’s last name…big M, little organ.
- You know Tara Geissinger as the co-founder of SEO Content Solutions. I know her as the mom of 10-year-old triplets.
- A cyclist, a singer-songwriter, a PR professional, and all-around good guy, please reacquaint yourselves with Pepe LePew, er Bob LeDrew.
- Is he really Dear Abby? My friends and I think he might be, but you know him as Josh Wilner.
- One of the only women at work, Susan Cellura knows how to get things done and still be respected for her gender.
- Jen Zingsheim not only was featured just a week ago, she gets to remain in the sidebar of the blog for one more week.
And three weeks ago, I was suffering from a concussion, road rash up and down my body, and Toby the Hematoma (who has no intention of going anywhere) and couldn’t focus. Chuck Kent not only volunteered to help, he wrote a smashing post about the qualities you need to receive a #FollowFriday feature here.