Yesterday, I alluded to the fact that we have a surprise for you this week.
I know you’ve been waiting with bated breath, so here it is…
Our monthly webinar series is back!
When we did these a couple of years ago, they were crazy popular. But we did away with them because our webinar champion left the team—and they’re A LOT (I mean, a lot) of work.
But Greg Brooks approached us about a month ago about co-hosting a webinar and we thought, “Why not? Let’s get back into them.”
We worked with him—and with our June and July guests—to create a program and it’s ready for you now.
On the third Thursday of every month—at noon EST—you can expect to have in-depth professional development on the things that will help you win new business, measure results, how to combine inbound and outbound communications, and more.
We’re excited to launch it with Greg—the catalyst for getting us off our butts to give you even more value.
Government Work? Really?
Next Thursday, May 17, at noon EST, Greg will join us to talk about how (and why) you should chase government work.
Admittedly, I have the same mindset as many of you around government work:
- Ug…so many RFPs, so little time.
- Procurement is such a hassle.
- We can’t compete with the big boys so why try?
- It’s such a pain in the butt to secure.
- Such boring work and for what? A few pennies?
As it turns out, I’m being a jerk, which Greg wasn’t shy in pointing out. But he also isn’t shy in pointing out that he’s happy to take the revenue if I don’t want it.
Other than taunting me, though, he really wants you to succeed. He says:
I am a die-hard cheerleader for my fellow entrepreneurs in this business. I want nothing less than for all of us to make a whole lot of money doing interesting, satisfying work.
And that surprisingly includes government work.
The Benefits of Government Work
While it may seem like the big ticket government contracts only go to the big boys, Greg says there is plenty of work for solopreneurs and agencies (small, medium, and big), alike.
He says the benefits are many, including:
- The ability to work with nonprofits to better your town, region, or the entire planet.
- You won’t get stiffed because they’re not going out of business and they honor their contracts.
- Government work offers challenges that will stretch your skillset and problem-solving abilities.
- Government work is a path to the bigger business (and bigger retainers) game.
Which all sounds great, but you may still be stuck on, “Isn’t government work incredibly difficult to win?” (That’s where I was stuck.)
He says no…resounding and absolutely not.
The recommendation he has is to not spend weeks on a $30,000 proposal that ends up looking and sounding like everyone else—one that you’ll never get a return on because you weren’t able to stand out.
You might not even have to go through the RFP process at all (which would be amazing!).
But whether you pursue one or two contracts or decide to make a major push into government work, three things apply:
- You have to know where to find the work;
- You have to know how to quickly determine whether the work is right for you; and
- You have to know how to prosecute and close the deal without losing your mind to paperwork and bureaucratic hoops.
Join Us for the Webinar
During the webinar, Greg will show you where to find the work, how to determine if it’s right for you, and how to close the deal(s) without losing your mind.
You can also expect to learn:
- How government work can fit into your current client mix.
- Advantages and disadvantages of chasing public-sector clients, where to find the work, and how to bust through the time-sink aspects of chasing formal government RFPs.
- Deal killers—what immediately tells Greg not to bid and how to develop your own list of showstoppers.
- Getting certified and cashing in on specific opportunities for women and minorities.
- Selling to the government without an RFP—how to become a preferred sole source.
- What makes for a really great (or really awful) proposal.
After you spend an hour with us, you’ll be ready to go after government work, pursue it without RFPs, and win more business.
There is a fee—it’s $99—because we’ve discovered throughout the years that if you have skin in the game, you come prepared to learn, do the work, and win some business.
(That and we have to pay Greg to hang out with us because he’s ruthless about his revenue sources. And because you’ll win new government work and the ROI will be something crazy like 2,200:1, which means you’ll make $217,800 on one contract. Results not typical. OK, I totally just made up that ROI. But you will walk away with a roadmap on how to win new business.)
Chasing Government Work Webinar Details
If you’d like to join us, check out additional information about the webinar here…or go straight to the payment page and get yourself registered.
After you submit your information, you’ll see a box that says “Get Instant Access.” Click on that and it’ll take you to the webinar registration page. Enter your information there so you’ll receive the calendar invite and the email reminders.
(If you don’t take this step, or forget to, we’ll manually add you so you don’t miss the webinar.)
And, if you are a PR Dream Team member, let us know because we have a 20 percent discount code for you (I’ll also post the information in Slack for you).
If you can’t join us live, go ahead and register and we’ll send you the recording the afternoon the 17th.
Either way, we’ll see you on May 17 at noon EST.
Here we go!