It will come as no surprise to those of you who know me that I love, love, love technology that makes my team and me more efficient.
Not Garrett Moon (no offense, Garrett), the CoSchedule co-founder and CEO, but the software itself.
It is project management, email marketing, content creation and curation, social media scheduling, and it’s very pretty…all in one.
Because of that, I am super excited to introduce you to Garrett, the man behind it all.
Coming to you not from Silicon Valley or Austin or even one of the big, urban cities like Chicago, but Fargo. North Dakota.
Not only is the CEO of CoSchedule, he is the author of 10X Marketing Formula—a book that should become a staple in your business library.
He’s smart, he’s savvy, and he talks about things that you don’t hear from other marketing experts.
You’ll really enjoy getting to know him a bit—and you’ll definitely learn a thing or 10.
The Fireside Chat: Talking Business Growth with Garrett Moon
These questions served as the outline for our discussion, but you’ll find we did go off the range a bit.
We ended up talking quite a bit about modern PR, what his internal PR team is called, and where he thinks the industry is going.
Other than that, we also discussed the following?
- You’ve written for Spin Sucks a couple of times and I continue to be impressed with your level of authority and expertise. Tell us your content creation secret. How does it go from idea to publication…and who on your team helps?
- Is that the same process you used for your new book—10x Marketing Formula?
- The book was published last week and it’s a really great read. So tell us about 10x Marketing Formula, what you love most about the book, and what you hope people take away from it.
- Mark Schaefer coined the term “content shock” and it feels like marketers are using that as an excuse when their content marketing doesn’t work. We also have been fed a line of bull that if you write blog posts, the passive income will come pouring in. What are some things people can learn about both of these things by reading 10x Marketing Formula?
- Now let’s shift and talk about the love of my life—your CoSchedule. Several weeks ago, I asked Nathan Ellering to show me how you use it internally and my mind was blown. I thought we were using it effectively and he proved me wrong. What are some of your favorite features? Is there anything new coming this year that you can tell us about?
- Speed round.
- Will CoSchedule marry me?
- Now that 10x Marketing Formula is here, what’s next for Garrett?
My Favorite Parts of the Conversation
- How to use frameworks, both in your business and in your content
- Why they call their PR team “buzz and brand”
- The question he always asks his team when new ideas are presented
- Where the idea of CoSchedule began—and the answer may surprise you
- Why it’s important to have agile marketing teams
- His thoughts on why everyone is down on content marketing and social media right now
- The Chicago Cubs and the sad, but classy letter Jake Arrieta wrote when he left the city (it still makes me cry)
But the very best part of the conversation is when Garrett offers you a free chapter of 10x Marketing Formula.
(Scroll to the bottom and you’ll see a “download a chapter here” link under the Buy Now button.)
Without Further Ado…The Fireside Chat
Enjoy the conversation…and let us know what you think!
(If you can’t view the video below, click here and you’ll be magically transported to YouTube to watch it.)
Next Month’s Fireside Chat
It’s really this month’s Fireside Chat. I didn’t want to run Garrett’s interview last Friday because it was Good Friday and the start of Passover.
So, while he’s running in April, he really was the March guest.
Now that we have that out of the way, the April guests are Jim McCormick and Maryann Karinch.
They wrote Body Language Sales Secrets and will be here to talk about your body language, particularly in new business meetings.
Stay tuned for that on April 27.