A couple of months ago, Jeannie Walters and I shared the stage at an internal Verizon communications meeting.
It was the first time I’d seen her speak and I was completely wow’d.
She’s smart, she’s funny, her jokes are well-timed, and her topic – the customer experience – fits perfectly into what I believe is the future of PR.
I believe it to be so much a part of our future, I asked Jeannie to help me write the last chapter of Spin Sucks (pages 137-139).
And then I asked her to share her thoughts on why this is our future in a free webinar this Thursday at noon ET.
The Future of PR
Many communications professionals today are on the front lines with customers.
We’re the ones who receive the unhappy tweets. We’re the ones who deal with the middle of the night fires. We’re the ones who have to stay the course and pursue the organization’s mission, day-after-day.
The lines between communications, marketing, advertising, sales, customer service, product development, and human resources continue to blur, which makes it extremely difficult for the customer to decide who to go to when there is a problem.
The future of PR means we are the ones who hear about it when there is a problem. And we get to define the way service is incorporated into the experience every customer has with us – good, bad, and ugly.
This is what Jeannie has to say about it:
Customer service is often defined as a reactionary result. Customers require service only when something is wrong. But what if we all started to consider the way service should be incorporated into the entire journey for your customers? What if it was proactive?
What You’ll Learn
- How to treat your customers to an “inside look” at service to help with business development;
- What the best, most forward-thinking companies do to make their customers feel special;
- When to train “by the book” and when to let your employees think for themselves; and
- Why customers expect more now than they ever have before, and how to deal with their changing expectations.
What You Can Expect
In this webinar, you can expect:
- Current and relevant examples of powerful customer service;
- Simple tools to begin using immediately to improve communication and service;
- An energetic and interactive session; and
- Fun and humor – definitely!
The webinar is this Thursday, June 5, at noon ET (that’s 11 a.m. CT, 10 a.m. MT, and 9 a.m. PT, for those of you who can’t do time zones).
It is free and it’s a two-step process.
First, go to Spin Sucks Pro and click the blue “purchase” button at the bottom of the page.
Either create a new account or login to your account.
Click “download purchase” and click the link on the confirmation page (you’ll also receive an email with this information).
Register for the webinar on that page and you’ll be good to go!
Come ready to think about how you’ll handle the second half your year a bit differently.
See you on Thursday!