Earlier this year, we launched the PR Dream Team, in an effort to pilot a theory we have about community.
The job of the communicator is lonely.
Because of that, we need a place where we can get together, network, brainstorm, and commiserate.
It’s not just lonely, but:
- The proliferation of social media as a news-consumption forum;
- The constant turmoil in White House communications
- Fake news and #alternativefacts;
- The commoditizing of our industry; and
- The resulting demands and expectations (I want one million Facebook fans!)…
…have turned our livelihoods into bona fide pressure cookers.
And we don’t have anyone to turn to.
It’s impossible to attend to every demand, expectation, or whim, and it’s impossible to stay the course.
It’s no wonder our job is one of the most stressful in the professional world.
No one truly understands what we do—not even our own industry can define it well—and it makes our jobs very, very lonely.
It turns out, the theory was half-right.
Communicators Need More
What we learned during the pilot of the PR Dream Team is communicators are lonely.
We do need a safe and confidential space to gather, share ideas, and get help.
But, even more, we need the information and professional development to help us stay on top of our jobs.
We need instant advice, in preparation for meetings and conversations.
And we need to do it somewhere that isn’t Facebook—where we tend to get lost down the rabbit hole.
(That can’t be just me! I mean, I go there for work and suddenly an hour has gone by and I can’t remember why I was there in the first place. Just me?)
To boot, we’ve been working one-on-one with the Spin Sucks community to better understand the struggles each of you has and the solutions you’ve tried.
We’ve learned seven things:
- It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of the trends.
- You need to be more efficient. Having access to templates and resources would help.
- While you understand the theory of the PESO model, you don’t know how to implement.
- You need help implementing many of the new communications skills.
- Having access to a team of people with whom you can brainstorm, ask questions, network, find expertise, and share work would be worth its weight in gold.
- You need help with the science part of the work you do. Which leads us to…
- …you don’t know how to measure the work you do.
As we heard these seven things over and over again, we realized it is opportunity.
One to solve all of those issues for the PR industry, while having fun.
What if we could:
- Help the PR industry better understand—and adapt new trends?
- Provide templates to provide time efficiencies?
- Provide easy-to-understand lessons on how to implement the PESO model?
- Help people integrate the art and the science of what we do?
- Provide access to industry experts on hot topics?
What would we call that?
Introducing the PR Dream Team
The PR Dream Team gives you access to all of the strategies, tricks, secrets, metrics, templates, and ideas to implement a measurable and successful PESO model program—the new standard in communications.
With the PR Dream Team, you have access to premium and exclusive content, monthly training, discounts on events, books, and more, and daily access to the Spin Sucks team.
You also have a team of business professionals who are smart, savvy, and fun. They will encourage you, answer questions, share ideas, solve problems, brainstorm, share funny videos, network, and even find you a date (if you’re in the market for one).
It’s the only place you can master modern communications.
The PR Dream Team is here to help you:
Get time back because you don’t have to start anything from scratch.
Find the right tools, resources, and confidence to excel in your career.
Ask direct questions of industry experts.
Test ideas before executing them for your organization.
Get help when you are stuck.
Brainstorm new ideas.
Gain access to the reports, data, and analytics you need to prove you are achieving business goals.
Have strategic conversations about real metrics, not vanity media impressions, AVEs, or fans/follower numbers.
Drive real business results.
Have your very own PR Dream Team.
The PR Dream Team is advanced communications—content marketing, social media advertising, email marketing, contributed content, media relations, attribution, measurement, and more.
You have access to the secret sauce that isn’t available to anyone else.
Joining the PR Dream Team is akin to working for one of the largest companies in the world that has a team of hundreds of marketers who have very specific expertise.
The kind of expertise that gives you the experience you need to excel in your career and makes you look like a hero.
What the PR Dream Team Includes
During the pilot of the PR Dream Team, we tested different types of content, with varying levels of release dates.
For instance, we thought weekly content was about right.
It turns out, we were wrong.
Weekly content—the type you get inside the PR Dream Team—is far too much.
So, while we have a weekly schedule, it’s a little more fluid and isn’t stressful to anyone if something is missed.
You can expect:
- An email on the first Friday of every month that includes exclusive content and extra goodies.
- A live Q&A with an industry expert. An AMA of sorts.
- Exclusive content that is not available to anyone else (except for a fee). This has included eBooks, podcasts, webinars, online courses, and more.
- A monthly surprise built on the needs of the group. For instance, we noticed tons of pilot members asking for templates. So the August content was a folder full of those resources. They include everything from PPT decks for new business presentations to measurement tracking dashboards.
You also have instant access to more than 35 hours of expert advice on everything including:
- Pitching secrets
- Media relations success
- Google Analytics reports
- SEO tips
- A library of templates, eBooks, webinars, podcasts, and other resources designed to make your job lots less stressful.
Why You Should Join the PR Dream Team
Admittedly, the PR Dream Team is not for everyone.
It is for those who are:
- Motivated to make change
- Not risk-averse
- Want to learn and learn some more
- Are willing to give back (and have five or 10 minutes every week to do so)
- Understand the value of mentors
- Want to share the knowledge they do have, but don’t know it all
- Aren’t afraid to ask questions
If you are not one of those things, that’s OK! You can join us later.
The current PR Dream Team members consist of agency owners, solopreneurs, corporate communicators, industry experts, and nonprofit advocates.
They excel in their careers and are willing to invest in themselves to further their skills and knowledge.
They are time-crunched, like everyone else, but are smart enough to ask for help.
The PR Dream Team provides the help they need to make it look like they have clones.
Alright, Gin, What’s the Cost?
The cost of the PR Dream Team is only $59 per month.
For less than it costs to hire me for two hours, you can have access to me—and the entire Spin Sucks team—for an entire year.
(It’s $1,000 for two hours of my time and $708 for a year of the PR Dream Team.)
For less than a daily latte at Starbucks, you can get advice, network, and save time.
(It’s $112 for a daily latte and only $59 for the PR Dream Team.)
You get the idea.
It’s not an expensive endeavor and the benefits and value far outweigh the price.
For years (11, to be exact!), you have learned the quality of professional development Spin Sucks provides.
Now you have the opportunity to join an exclusive group of people where the content provided is not available anywhere else.
Can I Think About it?
Of course you can!
There is a lot more information on this page, including testimonials from current members.
You can also preview what is to come, and the bios of our team.
There also is a video of me talking about it, which may be easier to watch than to read.
I’m certain you’ll have serious FOMO if you wait too long…so don’t think about it forever.
If you have questions, you can leave them in the comments here, Slack them to us, or send to one of us privately.