Well, we’re finally ready.
After 13 months, Spin Sucks is being printed and will be here on March 10.
To say I’m a little nervous just writing those words is putting it mildly, but it’s happening so I have to pull on my big girl pants and get ready.
In August of 2012, a friend and client sent me a blog post Michael Hyatt had written about how he got “Platform” on the bestseller lists. I’ve held on to that post this whole time and I revisited it while we were writing the Spin Sucks marketing plan.
I mention it because I’m shamelessly stealing an idea of his: Building a launch team of the Spin Sucks Crazies (that’s you!).
The Crazies Team
It’s no secret Spin Sucks has one of the most engaged, fun, smart communities on the web.
We want to harness that and ask for your help.
The goal is to get on the New York Times bestseller list, which means we have to sell 10,000 books in a seven-day period (Sunday through Saturday).
We also want to get 100 reviews on Amazon before the Crush It week (March 29-April 5).
This is why we can’t do it without you!
If you participate in the community, you are eligible.
Even if you don’t stray into the comments (I don’t blame you!) or rarely do, you are eligible.
If you just want a free book (with a catch), you are eligible.
Pretty much everyone who reads this blog is eligible.
Spin Sucks Brand Ambassador Responsibilities
Now that we know who’s eligible, following is a list of things we expect if you become a Spin Sucks Brand Ambassador.
- Write a short, honest review of Spin Sucks (if you don’t like it, say so!) on Amazon before March 9 (you’ll get an electronic copy of the book ahead of time).
- Write a blog post on your own blog or as a guest post for someone else to run during Crush It week (March 29-April 5).
- Help spread the word about the book on your own social networks during Crush It week (March 29-April 5).
- Share ideas and brainstorm additional ways to get more exposure during Crush It week (March 29-April 5).
- Buy the book during Crush It week (not before – please no pre-orders!).
Spin Sucks Brand Ambassador Benefits
Of course, we don’t expect you to do something for nothing.
Following is what you’ll get in return.
- An electronic version of the book in advance of publication.
- Access to me and the rest of the brand ambassadors in a private Facebook group.
- An hour webinar with me before Crush It week to discuss all things PR, marketing, and entrepreneurship.
- A link to a labor of love of your own in a future blog post.
- Spin Sucks schwag.
How to Be Included
The brand ambassadors slots have been filled.
We had more than 800 respondents and randomly chose 160 participants (I know I said it was limited to 100 … I lied).
Never fear! You can still help!
Here are a few ways:
- During the week of March 29, order a copy (or many copies to give as gifts) of Spin Sucks. We will give you a bunch of free stuff related to the book and to the community here. Sign-up here to be notified.
- Encourage others on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Instagram, Whisper, Snapchat, Pinterest, snail mail, email, carrier pigeon, or morse code to buy during launch week and get freebies. Ask them to sign-up here to be notified.
- Read the book and post a review on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, or Goodreads (or all three!). If you love the book, post a review. If you hate the book, post a review. If you’re neutral about the book, post a review. Just post a review!
- Help combat the “spin doctor” perception our industry has by practicing ethically, measuring your efforts to true dollars and cents, and always being straight with your clients or executives.
Thank you so much to each and every one of you.
Here we go!