In April, I hosted a webinar called Use Media Relations for Search Engine Optimization.
During it, I discussed a three-pronged approach to media relations—brand awareness, search engine optimization, and lead generation—but I teased attendees because I covered only two of the prongs.
I ran out of time!
But I also promised to do the third prong—lead generation—as a separate webinar this month.
And it happens next week!
Join me on June 25 at 12:00 ET for Use Media Relations to Generate Qualified Leads.
Media Relations Lessons
I once was kicked out of a LinkedIn group for being a snake oil salesman.
You see, I really believe public relations can—and should—drive sales.
Because of that, I’ve taken the tactics we use and built a way to measure their effectiveness beyond impressions, shares, engagement, and reach.
And, really, who doesn’t want to be a hero and bring new business into their organization?
But that means there are some people who think I am leading the industry down a wrong path. They believe the job of the communicator is not sales, rather brand awareness, reputation management, and thought leadership only.
So this snake oil salesman is going to teach you that process of combining reputation management with qualified lead generation.
During this media relations webinar, you will learn:
- A review of the three-pronged media relations approach;
- How to drive qualified leads to your website or blog to prove PR is an investment, not an expense;
- How to use media relations to drive sales;
- How to use the PESO model to bring it all together; and
- What to measure and how to track effectiveness.
The webinar is one week from today—June 25 at noon ET (that’s 11 a.m. CT, 10 a.m. MT, and 9 a.m. PT, for those of you who can’t do time zones).
It is free and it’s a two-step process.
First, go to Spin Sucks Pro and click the blue “purchase” button at the bottom of the page.
That button will then change to “checkout.” Click that.
Either create a new account or log in to your account.
Click “purchase” (it’ll show $0.00 so don’t panic that you have to pay for it).
Click the blue “Use Media Relations to Generate Qualified Leads” link. This will take you to the registration page on ClickWebinar (you’ll also receive an email with this information).
Register for the webinar on that page and you’ll be good to go!
If you can’t attend live, please still register for the webinar. This will tell us to send you a copy of the recording.
Why You Should Attend
Other than the obvious answer (hanging out with me for an hour, duh!), there are many reasons you should attend:
- You’re just starting out and your boss keeps asking you to mass email thousands of journalists and you’re not having any luck.
- You’re in the cycle where there just is no news coming out of your organization, but you’re still under a lot of pressure to get stories placed.
- You aren’t having any luck getting stories placed or writing guest blog posts for the sites that matter to your organization.
- You really just don’t understand this PESO model I keep talking about.
- You don’t know how to track who is visiting your site from your media relations efforts, what they’re doing once there, and whether or not they’ve become customers.
- You have no idea how to measure all of your hard work so you can’t show how much money you’re making the company.
- You need to see real-life examples so it congeals in your head.
It’s going to be some work. You’re going to work hard. I’m going to work hard. But we’ll work hard together and you’ll come away with some tangible things you can do immediately.
Hope to “see” you next week!