You probably recognize today’s #FollowFriday. She contributes to Spin Sucks every couple of months on topics such as introverts and selling, infographics, and the power of paper.
Ladies and gentleman, please meet Unmana Datta.
Unmana is the co-founder of Markitty, which is billed as marketing consultation for the price of software.
A quick story: I spend a lot of time on the road speaking. My biggest client is Vistage, which is an organization of CEOs. Most of its members are running businesses. They know they need to understand the web and it’s ever-evolving nature. They know they have to get a grasp on how to use the web to grow their organizations. But, like every executive in the world, they’re busy. They travel to see customers. They spend a lot of time networking. They work upwards of 70 or more hours per week.
Trying to understand marketing and communications and how it’s affected by social media is interesting to them, but not their core expertise nor do they have time.
What they really need is a place to go that tells them what’s working, what’s not working, and the types of things they should be asking their teams for more of.
That’s what Markitty does.
But I see value in it for PR professionals, too. You can log in daily and it will give you a recap of the previous day, week, or month, what is working, and what to change. It’s pretty nifty!
A little bit about Unmana personally:
- She lives in India…yes, we don’t focus solely on North America!
- Pune is the eighth largest metropolis in India, the second largest in the state of Maharashtra after Mumbai, and the largest city in the Western Ghats.
- She loves paper and has eight different notebooks she jots notes in.
- She’s a professional procrastinator (does that mean she gets paid to do it??).
- She has fantastic taste in art.
- A photo for this very blog made her to-do list!
She can be found all across the web so you can do some really good stalking. Find her on the Markitty blog, on Twitter (personally and business), on Facebook, on Pinterest (!!!), on SlideShare, on Google+, and on LinkedIn.