Hello, Friday! So we meet again.
I really, really want to start counting down the Fridays until Christmas, but I always wait until after Labor Day.
So enjoy your last two Fridays without my obnoxious, Buddy the Elf countdown.
(It’s 17. I can’t help myself!)
It is kind of crazy that we have only 10 official days left in summer, though I know it’s already ended for some of you.
We go back to school on September 4 and I am sad.
I am not looking forward to the rushed mornings to get out of the house and to school on time. Blah.
Alas. It is upon us.
But the silver lining is that means we are closer to boots and layers and jackets and hot chocolate and fire pits. Yippee!
I’ll leave you with autumnal thoughts as you watch Gin and Topics.
Gin and Topics for Your Viewing Pleasure
This week’s videos are courtesy of Paula Kiger, Susan Cellura, MATTIE DIETRICH, Catherine Morgan, and yours truly.
5. Ariana Grande and The Roots Pay Tribute to Aretha Franklin. Boy, you have to have some serious confidence to take on a song like this—and crush it. Every time I hear Ariana Grande perform, I gain more respect for her. This tribute to the Queen of Soul is the bomb.
4. Guilty Dogs. This is definitely for Jack Bauer, the naughtiest dog on the planet. You would think, the older he gets, the less he’d naughty he’d be be. You’d be wrong! So here is to all of the naughty (and too smart for their own good) dogs out there.
3. Drinko with Ryan Reynolds. You have to get through the first few seconds of the announcer, but it’s worth it! Ryan Reynolds and Jimmy Fallon play Drinko, a sort of drinking game. On the first turn, they have to drink Twinkies and grape soda…in alcohol form, which is pretty tame compared to the rest of the game.
2. Back to School Wine Pairing. Anyone sensing a theme with these last couple of videos? If I were the one to submit them, we could say I have a problem. Thankfully, I had help! These are the wine pairings you’ll need for all of your back-to-school needs.
1. Ellen Discusses Amazon Key. You know the service Amazon offers now where they’ll place your packages inside your home? Ellen can’t believe the service is real—and dissects how it works, why it might work for some, and how it signifies we might all just be a tad bit too busy.
Contribute to Gin and Topics
Have a great video to contribute to Gin and Topics?
Send it to us!
The best place to send it is in the Spin Sucks community, but you can also email, text, private message, or Pony Express it to us.
Whatever works for you. Send it to me. You’ll be rewarded with a link back to your content. Your beautiful content.
Have a great weekend!