Note to self: When you’ve been on the road for a really long time (weekends excepted), don’t schedule anything the week you are back. You will get sick.
That said, I’ve been joking that this week was my pre-summer weight loss program.
All of you doing the 21-day detox?
You really just need four days and close proximity to a toilet and you’re golden. Then you can go back to eating whatever you like.
Also? Skinny jeans, FTW!
But this also means I am ridiculously behind. Many of you know I am obsessed with keeping my inbox clear so I can stay on top of my commitments.
There are 138 emails that need attending to in there. One hundred and thirty eight. I’m going to have a nervous breakdown.
If any of you are waiting on me for something, I promise you will hear from me by middle of next week.
While I work on the email purge, I will leave you with Gin and Topics.
This week’s videos are courtesy of Susan Cellura, Aimee West, and yours truly.
5. Puppyhood. “Should I call you King Charles? Queen Charles!” Cutest commercial you will ever see (“THIS is your bathroom!”). The creativity is great AND I’ll bet this is super effective for them because it’s memorable. Now go get a puppy and some Puppy Chow!
4. Dick Van Dyke at 89. I fell in love as a child with Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins and my love was just re-ignited in this Dustbowl Revival video. He is ADORABLE! I love little old men, as it is, but this takes the cake.
3. #BeyonceAlwaysOnBeat. Apparently Beyonce IS always on beat. They took the Singles Lady video and put it to the theme song for Duck Tales. What ensues is brilliant choreography.
2. Bell’s Reads Uranus Comments. Oh people just can’t help themselves. These are comments sent into the Bell’s about their new Uranus beer. The employees read them. The best part, of course, is the people who can’t stop laughing after they read their parts.
1. Teenagers Teach Seniors About the Internet. “Hello, YouTube!” “I typed in www.email.com and it won’t work.” Teenagers teach senior citizens how to use the Internet so they can connect with their kids and grandkids. It’s super fun!
Have a great weekend!
image credit: Mihai Petre (I was very pleasantly surprised to receive this in my inbox yesterday; thanks Mihai…and Corina Manea for sending it along!)