Big game this Sunday! The Bears, Lions, and Packers are tied for first place in our division…and we play the Lions.
As is tradition, Patrick Reyes is driving down from Detroit to go to the game with us. Let’s hope his trip is for naught.
For good luck, please join in singing the Bears fight song.
Bear down, Chicago Bears. Make every play clear the way to victory.
Bear down, Chicago Bears. Put up a fight with a might so fearlessly.
We’ll never forget the way you thrilled the nation. With your T-formation.
Bear down, Chicago Bears. And let them know why you’re wearing the crown.
You’re the pride and joy of Illinois. Chicago Bears, bear down. (Yes, I did type that from memory and yes, I did sing it aloud while I did so.)
5. Powerful Storm to Hit Nova Scotia. Frankie McDonald is a bit of a celebrity in Canada because of his weather reports. While it’s way too late for you to see this if you live in Nova Scotia (he predicted the powerful storm for last Friday), it is very well worth your time. “Order your pizzas and Chinese food. Buy cases of Pepsi. Buy cases of Coke. DO IT RIGHT NOW!” There are so many quotable lines from this and every time he says Nova Scotia would make a great drinking game.
4. An Open Letter to Moms from Kid President. I LOVE Kid President! In this video, he gives you 10 things every mom needs to know. Things such as, mom upside down is wow, there are hard things to learn such as kilograms and kilomograms, and meatloaf stinks. If every mom in the world knew how awesome they are, there would be no problems. So for every mom out there, this is for you. (Make sure you make it to the end for the outtakes.)
3. I Told My Kids I Ate Their Halloween Candy, Part Three. If you follow along every Halloween, you’ve likely seen the video Jimmy Kimmel puts together of parents who tell their kids they ate their Halloween candy. What is always surprising to me is the range of reactions, including calling their parents names, younger siblings crying because their older mates are, and saying, “It’s okay, momma.” But the best one this year? A little girl who is crying her eyes out, but says she understands why mom ate her candy. Cutest thing ever.
2. What Does My Girl Say? There is one sound y’all should know…what does my girl say? In a great parody of “What Does the Fox Say?”, Kerry Washington plays a jealous girlfriend for a skit on Saturday Night Live. I loved her before, but I love her even more now.
1. Things You Say to Dogs that Would Be Creepy if You Said Them to People. Things such as stay, sit, off, and did you go poopy, this is a very funny look at what we say to dogs that just wouldn’t fly if said to humans.