Ladies and gentlemen, this is the last Friday before Thanksgiving (in the U.S., I know you weirdos in Canada already had yours).
And Buddy the Elf wants you to know there are only four Fridays left until Christmas.
So… chop, chop!
I did decide to spatchcock my turkey. The butcher (after calling me one of those “foodie types”) agreed to remove the backbone for me.
I’m going to do a dry brine and get that bad boy ready to go.
If I can keep Jack Bauer out of the freezer (he ate through the padlock on Wednesday night), I’m going to go ahead and get most everything ready and then freeze it until Thursday (which also means I will not be leaving him alone for even two minutes).
I am super organized this year. It’s unheard of! My mom must be rubbing off on me all the way from Utah.
While I start making pecan pie and Parker House rolls and green bean casserole (gross), I’ll leave you with Gin and Topics.
5. Sea Otter Pup. The Shedd Aquarium (here in Chicago) rescued a sea otter pup and brought her to live in the Frozen Tundra. Watch as she gets used to her new home. Because, baby sea otter!
4. All About that Baste. The Holderness Family is back in time for Thanksgiving. Watch their parody on Meghan Trainor’s All About that Bass, which (like their other videos) is hilarious. I love it when the daughter says, “Daddy, please!”
3. The Hard Life of a French Baby. If you’ve ever seen a French movie, this will be hilarious to you. The poor baby. Life is so hard.
2. Wedding Proposal. The drum major at Jacksonville (Alabama) State University got a major surprise when her fiancé popped the question using the entire drum line. I’ll admit I cried a little bit.
1. A Tiny Hamster Thanksgiving. I don’t know which is more funny: The “pilgrim” who made a hamster-sized Thanksgiving meal or the hamsters sitting at the table, waiting for their meal.
On that note, there will be no blog posts next Thursday or Friday. Have a happy Thanksgiving!