I’m on the last leg of my seven week book tour trip and, while I’ve had a blast getting out and seeing some of you, I’m ready to stay home for a few weeks.
The business needs some TLC, my desk needs to be cleaned, my little family needs some love, and I need to finish reading The Husband’s Secret.
This weekend is Mr. D’s birthday and my dad is coming to visit (for the first time ever!).
I may or may not have hinted that if I had the pasta attachment for my KitchenAid, I could make pasta from scratch on Sunday (which is what Mr. D wants for his birthday dinner).
Not, that you know, I can’t do it by hand, but it’d be a lot easier with the machine.
So we’ll have spaghetti and meatballs with Big Mama’s sugo, salad, and homemade French bread with roasted garlic. And birthday cake, of course!
While I’m preparing for the small family party, I give you Gin and Topics.
5. Spectacular Salsa. An 80-year-old woman and her dance partner make it to the stage on Britain’s Got Talent. It’s worth the watch just to see Simon Cowell’s face. Well, that and the spectacular talent of this couple. (For the record: It drives me crazy to write Britain’s Got Talent. It should be Britain Has Talent.)
4. Double-Decker Pliance Jump. I don’t know what’s more funny: The guy doing the jump or the guy recording. I’m pretty sure a drinking game could ensue for every time he said, “freakin’.” Related: Boys are dumb.
3. How Frozen Should Have Ended. We were walking down the street the other day and a little girl was behind us singing, “Let it Go.” Clearly the entire world knows Frozen (and most parents are sick of it). This is an alternate ending to the movie (with a surprise and hunky guest).
2. The Foodroom. This is what McDonald’s would look like if Aaron Sorkin made a movie about them. Oh. Wait. All over a bunch of apple slices. And Will is back! Yay, Will!
1. Alex Trebek Gets Even. Tired of Conan making fun of him and taking his words out of context, Alex Trebek gets even. And it is H-I-larious!
Have a great weekend!