You know how I was bragging about how glorious the fall is in Chicago?
In one week, we’ve gone from summer to “where’s my coat?”. Hello fellow cocooned humans on the Red Line.
Yep. Winter did arrive in less than a week. So there is that.
Oh well. I live in Chicago. This isn’t new territory for us. I guess I can’t complain so I shall begin doing my snow dance!
Speaking of snow (which reminds me of the holidays), only 12 more Fridays until Christmas!
But, before we get to the snow, let’s give a big GOOD LUCK to the Chicago Cubs, who are playing in their first postseason game since 2008. Now I know it’s only a wild card game, but it’s still a big deal.
Bring home a win, boys, so we can keep selling our parking spot. Mama needs new shoes!
And now I give you this week’s Gin and Topics.
5. Girl Asks Her Divorced Parents to Be Friends. Six-year-old Tiana has more wisdom in her little brain than most adults. “I’m not trying to be mean. I just want everyone to be friends.” Amen, kid. If we could only adapt this mantra in all grown-up relationship.
4. Little Girl Catches Huge Bass on Barbie Pole. If this doesn’t make you grin from ear-to-ear, I don’t know how to help you. This little girl is adorable as she reels in a fish on her Barbie pole. I love when she asks if he’s making a video and then starts grinning for the camera. So stinking cute!
3. Security vs. Mascot Dance-off. This is what happens when a team’s mascot challenges a security guard to a dance-off. It’s not totally fair. I mean, can one really move in a mascot costume?
2. Husband Fails. I’m afraid to say anything about this, for fear of being handed divorce papers on Monday, but let’s just say this looks all too familiar.
1. Burn it Up. My boys are back! Sean Hayes and Scott Icenogle are lip-syncing Janet Jackson’s new song. I really love the key earring. What a great way to launch a new album!
Have a great weekend!