And it’s been quite the week. Seriously, by Tuesday I said I was going back to bed and waking up when it’s over.
On Monday morning, at 6:15 a.m., Jack Bauer managed to not only knock my phone off the nightstand, but do it so spectacularly that it broke.
And then, in some crazy case of having to work with AT&T (the devil), I STILL have not been able to get a phone. As it turns out, they want you to CALL them when you have a problem.
Which is difficult to do when you DO NOT HAVE A WORKING PHONE. I don’t have cellular on my iPad so that won’t work. I tried from my watch. No dice. So I had to wait for Mr. D to get home from his business trip to make a phone call.
It’s supposed to arrive today at 3 p.m. We’ll see. I won’t actually believe it until I see it.
Thank heaven I have communication on every other technology I own—I can get text messaging and everything else through WiFi. Just no phone calls. Crazy.
So wish me luck and then grab some popcorn and settle in for today’s Gin and Topics.
Gin and Topics for Your Viewing Pleasure
This week’s videos are courtesy of Tom Glover, Paula Kiger, and yours truly.
5. Sainsbury CEO Caught with Hot Mic. We all have stories of clients or executives who didn’t know their mics were still on and did or said something stupid. But I have never had an executive sing while waiting for an interview, which is what happened to the Sainsbury CEO. They just merged with Asda and he was caught singing, “We’re in the money” while waiting. It’s the funniest thing I’ve seen in a long time. And to whomever made them apologize for it, you’re lame. There is no apology needed. It’s great!
4. Slow Motion Homerun. This pint-sized baseball player savors every moment of his run to home plate. No matter how much he is encouraged to actually run, he takes his sweet ol’ time. It makes you wonder where he saw a recap of a baseball game where they showed a run to home plate in slow motion. He now has it in his head that this is how it’s done. I hope he goes on to play professionally because this would be amazing to show.
3. Musical Genre Challenge with Ariana Grande. I’d heard that Ariana Grade has incredible musical range, but that’s putting it mildly. This woman is crazy talented. And Jimmy Fallon’s not so bad himself.
2. Justin Timberlake on Ellen. Ah, JT. Welcome to parenting. It’s funny because it’s true—and I guarantee it’s happened to every, single one of you with children. He also talks about it’s “It’s May” meme and “lifting” Jessica Biel at home. I love him.
1. Eva Longoria Gets Parenting Tips from Will Ferrell. After Eva Longoria tells James Corden and Will Ferrell about the experience of carrying her first child, the two offer some parenting advice—including the long-term effects of kids peeing outdoors—and work with Eva to come up with a name for her boy. I’ll give you a hint to one piece of advice, “It’s like watching your favorite pub burn down.”
Contribute to Gin and Topics
Have a great video to contribute to Gin and Topics?
Send it to us!
The best place to send it is in the Spin Sucks community, but you can also email, text, private message, or Pony Express it to us.
Whatever works for you. Send it to me!
Have a great weekend…and a super Avengers-watching party!