Well, the summer is winding down.
We have a Cubs game with Andy Donovan and his wife today. Mr. D’s parents are here this weekend. And I have just a few more weeks left to visit the farmers’s market every Saturday.
Before you know it, the “super cold” winter the Farmer’s Almanac is predicting will be here.
And…you have just 18 Fridays remaining until Christmas.
While you contemplate all of this, I have prepared Gin and Topics for you.
This week’s videos are courtesy of Drew Wheeler, Lindsay Bell, Chel Wolverton, Kara Vanskike, and Mr. D.
5. David Letterman Remembers Robin Williams. This is really great! Letterman reflects growing up with Robin Williams at The Comedy Store, where it all began. He talks about the first time he saw Williams perform. “The longer he’s on stage, the worse we feel about ourselves.” I’ll warn you though: The end will make you cry. You might just want to skip the last two minutes.
4. Things Children Do that Are Unacceptable as Adults. I don’t know what’s more funny about this—the actual video or the outtakes. Watch a grown man do things kids do. Hilarity ensues.
3. Mother and Daughter Sing Frozen. I’m going to admit something. I’m a five-year-old in an adult’s body. I LOVE Frozen. I can’t get enough. That’s why, when I saw this on Chel’s Facebook wall, I had to watch. But I wouldn’t bring it to you (I know most of you are sick of it) if it weren’t super cute. Watch it. You’ll love it.
2. Bull Boy. This is so dang cute! This little boy is learning how to ride a bull. The best is the end when he’s told to get to the fence and he’s more interested in what the bull is doing.
1. Barely Legal Pawn. It’s Breaking Bad meets a sketchy pawn shop. Julia Louis-Dreyfus takes her Emmy to the pawn shop for cash. Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul pretend they have no idea who she is to “bring the price down.”
Have a great weekend!