It is time for the Spin Sucks rendition of the 12 Days of Christmas.
Every year, I receive a handful of emails explaining to me that the 12 Days of Christmas does not begin until Christmas Day.
I know this.
But the truth of the matter is, I like to take the last week of the year off, like nearly everyone else.
As much as I adore the Spin Sucks community, I need a tiny break from producing content.
And, let’s be real, even if you aren’t lucky enough to have the last week of the year off, there isn’t any real work that gets done.
Hence, we begin our 12 Days of Christmas series on December 4.
This year, we’ve broken it into three buckets:
- Things FOR the communicator the week of December 4;
- Things to HELP the communicator the week of December 11; and
- Ways to HONOR the communicator the week of December 18.
Look for the first in the series on Monday!
With that, Buddy the Elf would like you know there are only three more Fridays until Christmas!
And now I give you Gin and Topics.
Gin and Topics for Your Viewing Pleasure
5. Come Back, Barack. Saturday Night Live did a 90s R&B rendition of a song begging President Obama to come back. Complete with gold lighting and cream suits. There’s even singing in the rain and talking over the record. It’s perfect.
4. Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. If you haven’t seen this interview about their engagement, prepare to have your heart filled. It’s long (20 minutes), but the first three or four minutes are the best. The met on a blind date, which makes me laugh. Oh, my blind date is Prince Harry. Gee.
3. New Zealand Police Recruitment. I am now ready to join the police force in New Zealand! After you watch this, we’ll all be moving there to apply for new jobs. And, as I told Dawn when she sent this to me, you can say “absolute pisser” all day if you like there.
1. My Pleasure. The social media leader for Chick-fil-A is about to get thousands of job offers at any salary he requests. More than four million people know now, “Unless it’s a Sunday, it’s my pleasure to serve.” I’ve always loved how creative they are, beginning with Eat Mor Chikin. And now this. You’ll love it!
(I can’t get the Come Back, Barack tune out of my head now.)
Contribute to Gin and Topics
Have a great video to contribute to Gin and Topics?
Send it to me!
The best place to send it is in our Slack community, but you can also email, text, private message, or carrier pigeon it to me.
Have a great weekend!