It’s time for a long weekend (sorry Canadians, you got yours last weekend)! YAY!
And so begins summer in Chicago – the best season this city has to offer. And many days of cycling, which means an awkward tan requiring me to always wear sleeves and skirts at least knee length.
I hope you have fun plans for the weekend and will get some sun, some exercise, and some family time. I’m going to plant my vegetable garden and see some movies.
For some weekend viewing and conversation, I give you Gin and Topics.
5. Norman Rides a Bike. No one else may find this as funny as I do, but I saw it on The Today Show, so surely someone will think it’s hilarious. This dog actually rides a bike – pedaling and all. It’s freaking amazing!
4. The Ultimate Chick Flick. Steve Farnsworth sent this to me and I laughed. Out loud. It’s funny because it’s true!
3. iPhone Stolen on Disney Cruise Continues Uploading Photos. While it’s very sad this woman’s iPhone was stolen on a Disney cruise, it’s pretty apparent the thief is an idiot. He’s using the phone to take photos, which are still being uploaded to her account. So she created an album on Facebook of her favorites, calling the guy out by name. Awesome.
2. Cat Adopts Baby Squirrel. This is awesome. A cat adopted a baby squirrel, fed it, took care of it, and even taught it to purr. You can skip to 1:08 (the first minute is just the news reporter) so you can see how this came about. Thanks to Jason Konopinski for the share!
1. From Love to Bingo in 873 Images. Michael Schechter sent this to me and it is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Getty Images created a video of the circle of life, using stock images. I wish I had this kind of creativity. It’s very, very cool.
Have a really good weekend, everyone!