Well, one week from today, when Gin and Topics publishes, I will have 200 miles under my belt…on a bicycle.
I leave Thursday morning for a four-day, 400 mile bike ride and I’m nervous as all get out!
Clearly I was high as a kite when I signed up for the ride because I cannot figure out, for the life of me, another reason I would have done it.
Alas, I made the commitment and paid the fee, so here I go!
I keep pumping myself up by saying, “Think how many steps you’ll have!” and “Think how many calories you’ll burn!” and “Banana splits every day!”
But the truth is, 400 miles in four days is a loooooooong time to sit on a really thin bicycle seat.
Lizzie (my bike) and I will have some stories to tell when we get back, so stayed tuned for that in two weeks.
As I get in two more long rides before next Thursday, I’ll leave you with this week’s Gin and Topics.
Without Further Ado…Gin and Topics
This week’s videos are courtesy of Lou Draper, MATTIE DIETRICH, Kate Nolan, Laura Petrolino, and Lubna Sadik.
5. How to ABC. This is how to ABC, New Zealand style. At the very least, you’ll enjoy the ukulele “playing.” At the most, you’ll learn some new words…but perhaps not their meanings, as I have just learned “yarn” is to chat, not the wool. This video did not teach me that, though Y is for yarn.
4. Open Your World. This made me cry. Why is it we let our political leanings put barriers up between us? We are all just human. We all put our pants on one leg at a time. It’s OK to disagree. It’s not OK to hate one another because of it.
3. Let’s Go Back to the 90s. Well, I feel old now. “If the glove don’t fit, you must acquit.” There are even Trapper Keepers for Laura Petrolino! This is everything you loved about the 90s, in four short minutes.
2. Dog Mom Rap. In honor of Mother’s Day weekend, this video goes out to all of you who are dog mommas.
1. Salma Hayek’s Dog Loves Cake. When Lubna sent this to me, she said, “Based on recent events, I think you’ll appreciate this.” While it’s way too soon for jokes about my naughty dog and the Moana cake, I am thankful it wasn’t someone’s wedding cake.
Have a Happy Mother’s Day weekend!