In case you haven’t noticed, it’s 2014!
I remember when I was a kid…and yes that was a loooong time ago, but still.
I remember thinking about the future, and how *science fiction’y* the 2000s sounded.
We’re talking life on other planets, time travel, invisibility cloaks, and video phones.
Well, we got the video phones, but seriously, how much fun would we all have with invisibility cloaks!?
So, for this first Gin and Topics of 2014, I was going to theme it, Jetsons-style, but then I decided – n’ah, let’s just do a good ol’ fashioned video list.
Time’s already flying by at an astounding rate and I’m not sure I want to look into the future.
I don’t know about you, but I’ve aged enough this past year alone.
So, sit back, relax, and prepare to laugh as you enjoy a little Gin and Topics (the indefatigable Gini Dietrich will be back in the saddle next week).
5. Social Ear Wax Picker. Ok. This has nothing to with the holidays OR the New Year. But it’s so good. You might remember the “Social Farter” video from a few months back? Well, it turns out it’s a series! YAY! Social Ear Wax Picking is pretty amazing, and now I’m waiting anxiously for what’s next. Social Fingernail Clipper? Social Dental Floss User? Social Nose Picker? When you think about it, people really are gross. And the possibilities are endless.
4. Dogs and Cats Playing in the Snow. Now, I don’t know about you, but I’m kinda done with winter already. And it’s barely begun! Seriously, from earlier than normal blizzards to the worst ice storm in Toronto’s history paralyzing the city two days before Christmas, the only positive thing I can think of is perhaps this is a sign it will be an early spring! Fingers crossed. Meanwhile, I’ll agree, for the first hour or so, a fresh snowfall can be fun. This is probably what Gini looks like when she finally gets outside to play in her beloved snow.
3. This Aerobic Video Wins Everything. Well, what can I say except – yes. Yes it does. It wins ALL THE EVERYTHING!!!!
2. Conan Visits The American Girl Store. First, I had no clue there even *was* a The American Girl store. Second, I thought to myself, “Is there a Canadian Girl store?” So I googled. There isn’t. But, I did find out that The American Girl dolls have recently broken the Canadian market, ironically via the Canadian retailer Indigo Books and Music Inc. Their slogan? “The world needs more Canada.” Uh huh. Anyhow, politics aside (jokes), I am flabbergasted at the breadth and scope of The American Girl brand. And I thoroughly enjoyed watching their representative/tour guide squirm as Conan got progressively more and more inappropriate. Handguns, anyone? LOL!!
1. The Non-Swimming Dog. In true Spin Sucks tradition, we couldn’t wrap this up without at least one more cute animal video! We have a dog. His name is Hank. He just turned a year old. And he’s the world’s most inelegant swimmer, webbed feet aside! He does what this guy does, until he gets so deep that he can’t do this any longer – at which point he FRANTICALLY LAUNCHES himself into the most embarrassing rendition of the dog-paddle I have ever seen. But we love him. And apparently the dog in this video loves the water. He just doesn’t quite…get it yet.
Have a great weekend!