As I finish writing today’s Gin and Topics, the news that Sean Spicer has resigned is out.
I say, good for him!
He’s been in a terrible job, treated like garbage, and aged 30 years in seven months.
Don’t get me started on who they’ve chosen as the communications director.
I guess what we’ve learned about this White House is you don’t need experience to do the job they’ve selected for you.
It’ll be interesting to see how this affects in our industry in the next 12 months—and beyond.
I really hope the perception does not become that we’re all a bunch of bumbling idiots.
We already have to fight the spin perception…and now this.
But good for Spicer. He needed to get out of there. I hope he can recover and find a job more suited to his intelligence level.
And Now…Gin and Topics for Your Viewing Pleasure
5. IKEA Herding Cats Parody. While the whole idea of filming 100 cats in an IKEA is hilarious, I think the voiceovers of the creative team are more funny. Have a watch and see what you think.
4. High School Boys Sing Disney Songs. There is almost nothing I love more than teenaged boys who don’t mind making spectacles of themselves. It shows such an incredible confidence that I love. And these guys are no different. Plus, they can sing. Really sing.
3. Mom Embarrasses Kids By Singing Moana. My Small Child is still at the age that she LOVES me to sing with her. I cannot wait until she’s at the age that I embarrass her. I will definitely be this mom (and the kind that shows up at school pickup with my hair in curlers).
2. Your Workday Told By Babies. This is the 11 stages of your workday as told by babies, and it’s pretty darn accurate. I prefer the ninth and eleventh stages.
1. Bride Surprised At Wedding By Man Who Received Her Late Son’s Heart. I’m sorry to leave this week’s Gin and Topics with a story that will make you sob, but it’s worth it. I promise.
Don’t forget…if you see a great video you think would be a contender for this series, send it to me!
The best place to send it is in our Slack community, but you can also email, text, private message, or carrier pigeon it to me.
Have a great weekend!