I cannot believe Thanksgiving is less than two weeks away.
It feels like I was just standing in my mom’s kitchen last Christmas, talking about what 2014 had in store for us.
Yet, here we are, nearly a year later. Crazy!
We host Thanksgiving every year and I always add one new thing in (don’t want to go too far off the traditional meal reservation).
I’m thinking about spatchcocking the turkey. This means you take the backbone out and roast it flat. It’s supposed to be a juicier, more crispy bird.
Has anyone done this? Maybe I’ll try it first with a chicken and see how that works out.
Either way, it’s my favorite time of the year and I cannot wait!
Before I give you Gin and Topics, Buddy the Elf would like to remind you there are only five more Fridays until Christmas.
With that great news, today’s videos are brought to you by Chel Wolverton, Corina Manea, Eleanor Pierce, Lindsay Bell-Wheeler, and yours truly.
5. Union: Agency of the Year. “Family and friends come first. After clients. And revenue. And awards.” Even if you don’t work for an agency (which are notorious for long hours…that whole billable hour thing), this is a very funny look at what people sacrifice for their jobs, in the name of their careers. I’ll also admit it made me a little teary.
4. News Anchor Dances to Taylor Swift. I don’t know which is more funny: This adorable news anchor dancing to Taylor Swift (and missing half the words) or his snobby co-anchor who won’t give him the time of day. Yes, I know I’m “Shake It Off” obsessed, but this is really funny!
3. Facebreakers with Matthew McConaughey. Many years ago, I saw Matthew McConaughey at Prince’s club in Minneapolis. He was so amped up on something, that he was in the middle of the dance floor with his shirt pulled up over his head and he was dancing around in a circle by himself. Since then, I’ve not been so impressed with him. But his part in Dallas Buyer’s Club helped him win some respect from me…and so did this video.
2. Shake It Off – 1989 Aerobic Workout Edition. I’m sorry! More Taylor Swift! People are so creative and this is hilarious! You the 1989 aerobics championship video that’s made the rounds? Well, someone redubbed it and it works perfectly!
1. Guys Recreate Kim Kardashian’s Butt Photo. In honor of Kim Kardashian attempting to break the Internet with her butt this week, Buzzfeed asks four guys to recreate the scene. Not totally safe for work because, well, lots of bums, but it’s very, very funny (and a little serious at the end).
Have a great weekend!