Only six more Fridays until Christmas!
And only two more weekends to prepare for Thanksgiving.
(That was more for me than anyone.)
Two Fridays from now, Thanksgiving will be over and I will have my tree up!
We are so excited to begin Christmas decorating that it’s on our family calendar in my office.
My small one drew a Christmas tree on November 24 to signify the importance.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year!
I’m also excited to begin our annual Spin Sucks 12 Days of Christmas series.
That begins on December 4.
And yes, we know the 12 Days don’t technically begin until after Christmas, but we do them before every year.
Mostly because no one works between Christmas and New Year’s and we don’t want you to miss the 12 Days.
So bare with us changing tradition slightly to work within the confines of business hours.
That is to come!
For now, I give you Gin and Topics.
Gin and Topics for Your Viewing Pleasure
This week’s videos are courtesy of MATTIE DIETRICH, Kevin Juliano, and yours truly.
5. You Laugh, You Lose. In honor of Daddy’s Home 2, Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg play “You Laugh, You Lose.” I will admit a couple of these jokes made me laugh out loud. It’s a little embarrassing to admit that—dad jokes and all—but the two of them together are hilarious.
4. Jimmy Kimmel Wants You to Sign Up for Healthcare. I truly watched this with my hands covering my eyes, peeking through my fingers, as if it were a horror movie. Talk about reverse psychology as it’s finest. This is a fine piece of advertising.
3. Meryl Streep Meets Anna Wintour. The Vogue editor-in-chief is my new favorite person. Not only is she classy and highly fashionable, she has a crazy great sense of humor. Here she meets Meryl Streep, who is playing Katharine Graham in The Post. Here she talks with Wintour about fake news, sexual harassment, “the male gaze and what it does to girls,” the Mueller investigations, and more. And at the end when she sees her Vogue cover and says, “I wish my mother were alive to see this”? My heart! We’re all just people who want our parents to be proud of us.
2. Stranger Things Cast Reviews 80s Fads. As if you could not love the cast from “Stranger Things” more, they are handed two giant boxes of 80s fads and asked to review them as bad or rad. There are some timeless things included!
1. Name Five Jennifer Lawrence Movies. A couple of weeks ago, Jimmy Kimmel had guest hosts and Jennifer Lawrence killed it. Here she goes out to Hollywood Boulevard and asks strangers to name five movies she’s been in.
Contribute to Gin and Topics
Have a great video to contribute to Gin and Topics?
Send it to me!
The best place to send it is in our Slack community, but you can also email, text, private message, or carrier pigeon it to me.
Have a great weekend!