I have just returned from Content Marketing World, which—as always—was a blast.
Three days of content, friends, dinners, and speaking.
I’ll be back next week with some takeaways for you.
In the meantime, I’ve prepared Gin and Topics.
I hope Bob LeDrew did well in my stead.
Before I get to that, however, Buddy the Elf would like to remind you there are only 15 more Fridays until Christmas.
And Now…Gin and Topics
This week’s videos are courtesy of Mattie Dietrich, Susan Cellura, Betsy Decillis, and yours truly.
5. The Lego Mousetrap. You have to give this one a minute. It doesn’t get funny until about 3:30 in, but you do have to watch the first part so you know what the heck they’re doing. Let’s just say…Duck Dynasty + Lego mousetraps = hilarity. If you have ever stepped on a Lego in the middle of the night, you will enjoy this.
4. The Most Hilarious Parenting Memes. There are several in here I can relate to, but number one is my kid, hands down. “Mommy? Mommy? Are you asleep?” No answer from me. So then she crawls on top of me. “Mommy? Are you asleep?” No answer. Then she opens my eyelid. Sigh…
3. Bat Chase in House. I can’t decide if this is hilarious because of the beautiful accent or because there are at least three adults and a dog trying to remove a bat from a house…with a towel. You decide!
2. Bill Skarsgård on Playing Pennywise the Clown. I am DYING to see It and no one will see it with me! I take that back. Whitney Danhauer would have seen it with me, but I left Content Marketing World after I spoke yesterday, and she saw it last night. So I have to do with watching these kinds of clips for now. If you don’t like clowns, don’t watch this.
1. If Congress Was Your Co-worker. Chris Pine plays “Congress” in this incredible video about our responsibility to vote. When you put what Congress is doing in perspective of your co-worker, the analogy works. Plus, I kind of like Chris Pine with a beard. #ilikeyourbeard
Contribute to Gin and Topics
Don’t forget…if you see a great video you think would be a contender for this series, send it to me!
The best place to send it is in our Slack community, but you can also email, text, private message, or carrier pigeon it to me.
Have a great weekend!