It’s crazy how fast this year has gone, even though it’s kind of felt disastrous, from a global perspective.
I mean, I’m so freaked out, I’ve been stockpiling food, water, and emergency supplies since last year’s election.
Yet, it feels like just yesterday we launched our 2017 30-Day Communications Challenge to more than 500 participants.
Yet here we are.
A full year later with an improved program and a complete book to support your communications planning efforts.
I hope you’re as excited about 2018 and your organization’s plan as we are about ours.
We have a lot in store for you—and we can’t wait to share it in the new year.
For now, Buddy the Elf has his weekly public service announcement for you.
And now I give you Gin and Topics.
Gin and Topics for Your Viewing Pleasure
5. Do You Like My Decorations? This is an oldie, but I’d never seen it before. And it’s laugh out loud funny. In fact, I cannot either confirm or deny that it made a couple of us snort. It sort of sneaks up on you. You’re watching it and you’re thinking, “It’s cute, but it’s not snort funny.” And then BAM! You’re snorting.
4. Victoria Beckham Gives Fashion Advice. For a mere $2, New Yorkers were able to get fashion advice from Victoria Beckham. Everything from wearing white after Labor Day and man buns to dresses for graduation and heels that work in daily life.
3. Historial Trivia Face-Off. Lin-Manuel Miranda may have met his match as he faced off against kid presidential expert Macey Hensley in Founding Fathers trivia. The fact that this kid can go up against the Hamilton creator is pretty freaking fantastic. Color me impressed.
2. Sesame Street Sharing Things. If you are not a Stranger Things fan, you won’t understand much of this, including the snackside down. But the puppets go trick-or-treating and, like any other child, wish for full sized candy bars. (Side note: Mike, now that you’ve been included, can we retire?)
1. Bruce Springsteen Sings “Robert Mueller’s Comin’ to Town”. Go on. Watch this and then I dare you not to sing along. “It isn’t fake news, for goodness sake.”
Contribute to Gin and Topics
Have a great video to contribute to Gin and Topics?
Send it to me!
The best place to send it is in our Slack community, but you can also email, text, private message, or carrier pigeon it to me.
Have a great weekend!
The 30-Day Communications Challenge begins on January 3. Are you subscribed?