Well, Thanksgiving came and went in about .03 seconds and now we have just a little more than two weeks until Christmas.
My sister-in-law was giving me a hard time yesterday because I haven’t started shopping yet. She said, “This is so unlike you!”
Yes, it is. But days are going by so quickly! I must be getting old. (She’s also stressed because her birthday is on the 15th and I haven’t gotten her present yet.)
I did, however, get my house decorated, which took me days…instead of hours. I’m turning into my mother (not that that’s a bad thing, mom!).
So, while I get to it and figure out what I am going to buy 14 nieces and nephews…and Mattie for her birthday, I will let you relax with some Gin and Topics.
5. Holiday Song Parody. I swear every time Jimmy Fallon does a song skit with a celebrity, I fall more in love with them. That’s what happened when he had Rashida Jones on to sing a medley of popular songs to which they changed the lyrics to take in the holiday spirit. Carrie Underwood joins them about halfway through. For the record, I am no longer going to ask Jason Konopinski what rhymes with hug me. The new question is…what rhymes with Furby?
4. I Want to Be a CEO. I am at a loss of words for this. It’s an ad for top-level domains you can get if you are the leader of an organization (i.e. my.ginidietrich.tl) and “features” Richard Branson, Donald Trump, and Mark Zuckerberg. So grab your popcorn and listen to this rap.
3. Reconstruction of Comments from “One Direction” Fans. When you take the comments people make on YouTube videos, change the sex of them, add a British accent, and have them reenacted, hilarity ensues. That’s what happened when two girls got in a comment war about One Direction, but was reenacted by two men, in a Masterpiece Theater setting.
2. What Does My Kid Say? I’m sorry to put this song back in your head, but this is a fantastic parody of What Does the Fox Say?. A mom puts together a video of her kids doing all the things kids do and questioning their every move. Even if you don’t have kids, this is hilarious!
1. Dogs in Boots. You know those boots they make for dogs so they can walk outside in the wintertime? Well, for years I’ve been trying to get Mr. D to let Jack Bauer wear them. This is what happens when there is snow on the ground. We walk for a block and then my 106-pound, ferocious barking, beast of the wild sits down on the ground and holds his paw up until you wipe it clean. Maybe after watching this video, Mr. D will finally agree boots are the way to go.
Have a great weekend!