My friend Ken Jacob’s birthday was on September 17.
I spent an entire week before, teasing him about his big upcoming 80th birthday.
(He’s much younger than that.)
And then I completely ignored him on his actual birthday.
You see, we have this thing.
I only call him on High Holidays and during large events, such as the Tony Awards.
I most certainly could not call him on his actual birthday when Rosh Hashanah began only three days later.
So he received his birthday phone call on Wednesday evening.
I wished him a happy birthday and a happy new year.
Two birds, one stone.
And for an update on another holiday, Buddy the Elf would like to remind you there are only 13 more Fridays until Christmas!
I mean, that’s close enough that we should all start thinking about our shopping.
(Unless you’re my mom…then you started two months ago. And I know I still owe you ideas, mom!)
Gin and Topics for Your Viewing Pleasure
With the holidays and updates out of the way, it’s time for Gin and Topics.
This week’s videos are courtesy of Susan Cellura and yours truly.
5. Dog Retrieves Tee. This is so fun! Boise State has a dog who retrieves the tee after every kickoff. This should be mandatory in all football games around the globe.
4. Bad Lip Reading—Narcos. I just finished the third season of Narcos and holeee cow. I think it’s my favorite season, so far. But I did have to watch some of it from behind my hands. There are a few scenes that are unbearable. Even if you’ve never seen the show, this version of Bad Lip Reading will still work. “Look, I’m an actor. So let’s act!” And the kissing sounds. LOL!
3. Kyra Sedgwick On Her 29 Years with Kevin Bacon. This is adorable. Kyra Sedgwick is on with Jimmy Kimmel, who asks about her 29th anniversary with Kevin Bacon. She describes the day—which any one of us has had—what WME means, and why they have sex before dinner (which astounds Kimmel).
2. Jessica Biel Dirty Dancing Entrance. Not only is she married to Justin Timberlake, the coolest person on earth, she knows how to make quite the entrance. The only thing that would make this better is if Ellen lifted her instead. The montage of her previous entrance is pretty great, too.
1. Ellen Scares the Poop Out of Celebrity. Sarah Paulson is a star on “AHS: Cult,” (American Horror Story, for those of you who don’t know…I had to look it up), so Ellen decides to up her scare game. I seriously laughed out loud at this. Just wait for it. You’ll see.
Contribute to Gin and Topics
Don’t forget…if you see a great video you think would be a contender for this series, send it to me!
The best place to send it is in our Slack community, but you can also email, text, private message, or carrier pigeon it to me.
Have a great weekend!