When I wrote the June Spin Sucks newsletter, Dawn Buford said to me, “Are you really looking forward to the long weekend?”
Apparently I wrote something about having a long weekend three times in the intro.
(She edited me so you’ll notice it no longer says that.)
But, yes. I am looking forward to a long weekend.
I hope you have lots of fun plans, which include watching Gin and Topics with your family and friends.
Gin and Topics…the Holiday Edition
5. Dancing Gorilla. There are two things I love in this world—gorillas and animals that act like humans (talking, dancing). This combines both of my loves and I could watch it multiple times a day. In fact, I want this gorilla to move in with me. Everyone should begin their day with a dancing gorilla.
4. Dog’s Best Day Ever. Get the onions out! You’re going to need them so you have something to blame for the tears. This is a story of George, his human, and the best day ever. You will fall in love with both of them.
3. Kid Swallows Dog Toy. I cannot understand how this happens. I mean, I get that he’s a pre-teen boy and they do some pretty silly things. But he “accidentally” swallowed his dog’s squeaky toy? I kind of love how his mother found out about said toy in his throat.
2. Indy Driver Surprises Nine-Year-Old. Scott Dixon had a horrifying (and thankfully, non-injurious) crash in the Indy 500 this year. Which led adorable nine-year-old Lucy to write a letter to Indycar about the safety systems that kept her favorite driver safe. This is her big surprise, post letter.
1. Tight Pants. It’s my annual re-visit to Tight Pants, which is my favorite video of all time. Everyone is wearing white tight pants right now—yay, summertime—so it’s appropriate.
Have a great loooong weekend!