When I wrote the June Spin Sucks newsletter, Dawn Buford said to me, “Are you really looking forward to the long weekend?”
Apparently I wrote something about having a long weekend three times in the intro.
(She edited me so you’ll notice it no longer says that.)
But, yes. I am looking forward to a long weekend.
I hope you have lots of fun plans, which include watching Gin and Topics with your family and friends.
Gin and Topics…the Holiday Edition
This week’s videos are courtesy of Mike Koehler, Erika Heald, Laura Petrolino, Bob LeDrew, and yours truly.
5. Dancing Gorilla. There are two things I love in this world—gorillas and animals that act like humans (talking, dancing). This combines both of my loves and I could watch it multiple times a day. In fact, I want this gorilla to move in with me. Everyone should begin their day with a dancing gorilla.
4. Dog’s Best Day Ever. Get the onions out! You’re going to need them so you have something to blame for the tears. This is a story of George, his human, and the best day ever. You will fall in love with both of them.
3. Kid Swallows Dog Toy. I cannot understand how this happens. I mean, I get that he’s a pre-teen boy and they do some pretty silly things. But he “accidentally” swallowed his dog’s squeaky toy? I kind of love how his mother found out about said toy in his throat.
2. Indy Driver Surprises Nine-Year-Old. Scott Dixon had a horrifying (and thankfully, non-injurious) crash in the Indy 500 this year. Which led adorable nine-year-old Lucy to write a letter to Indycar about the safety systems that kept her favorite driver safe. This is her big surprise, post letter.
1. Tight Pants. It’s my annual re-visit to Tight Pants, which is my favorite video of all time. Everyone is wearing white tight pants right now—yay, summertime—so it’s appropriate.
Have a great loooong weekend!