It’s Friday. It’s spring time. Cycling season officially began this week. It’s happy time!
First things first, did you see Iron Man 3 last weekend? If you haven’t yet seen it, it’s definitely a big screen movie. I saw it in 3D (mmmmm…RDJ in 3D) and it was worth the few extra bucks. Also, Gwyneth Paltrow is stunning in it. I have a crush on her, too.
This weekend is The Great Gatsby. Though I loved the book in high school, I didn’t love it as much when I re-read it last year. But I’m still looking forward to the movie, if only for the cinematography.
For those of you who have kids and can’t get to the movies, I’ll make you a deal. Buy me cupcakes from Sweet Mandy B’s and I’ll watch your kids so you can go to the show.
Until then, I bring a little bit of Hollywood to your inbox with Gin and Topics. This week’s videos are courtesy of Christina Pappas, Mr. D., Heidi Massey, Bill Dorman, and Roger Friedensen.
5. Dog Dancing. For real, this dog dances to Eminem. To the beat and everything. Even does what he song lyrics ask him to do. I have to figure out how to get Jack Bauer to do this. So funny!
4. What Doesn’t Kill You. I can’t decide if this will warm your heart or make you cry. This young woman worked with her nurses and fellow warriors to create a music video about cancer and your journey. It’s pretty incredible.
3. Masculine Moments. Someone with too much time on their hands put together a montage of the top five masculine moments on television. Let’s just say they all involve sexy women, some hot rod cars, and men.
2. The Human Connection. This is from the Cleveland Clinic, but it’s so well done, you don’t realize it’s advertising. Get out the Kleenex because it will make you tear up. Guys, you too. No one is immune.
1. Lip-Sync Off with Jon Krasinski. If you haven’t seen this lip-sync off between Jimmy Fallon and Jon Krasinski, trust me when I say it’s worth the eight minute investment. Not only are they super talented and hilarious, you’ll find yourself wanting to hold the same contest among your friends.
Have a great weekend!