Mr. D. was playing basketball this morning (the senior NBA, as I fondly refer to it) and he broke his hand!
As of this writing, I still don’t know how he did it, but I do know they gave him a local anesthetic and he “got to watch them push and pull in the hand until it popped—literally popped—back into place.”
(That is directly from the text message he sent me about it.)
He’s still in the emergency room, waiting on the second set of x-rays and then he has to go see the orthopedic surgeon.
Of course, it’s his right hand so not only are his basketball days over for a couple of months, so is his video game playing.
Don’t worry. It’s not all bad. He can still read Reddit. His life isn’t totally over.
I guess this means I’ll be doing the dishes for the next six weeks (normally, I cook and he cleans up).
What a crazy way to start your Friday!
While I go get the gory details of how this happened, I’ll leave you with Gin and Topics.
This week’s videos are courtesy of Dawn Buford, Jason Konopinski, Bob LeDrew, and yours truly.
5. 100-Year-Old Racer. Meet Ida Keeling. She just turned 100 years old and she still runs every, single day. What’s your excuse?
4. Little Girl Gives Her Dog The Most Adorable Check Up. Oh, man. I cannot imagine Jack Bauer ever sitting to allow this. EVER. I would want him to, but he’s pretty grouchy with everyone but me. Watch the look he gives the camera around the 20 second mark. Totally adorable (or totes adorbs, as the kids would say).
3. Muslim/Jewish Social Experiment. I. Love. This. “We are all cousins.” We are, indeed. We all put our pants on, one leg at a time. We all are trying to do our very best with what the world has handed us. There is no reason we should be so divided, particularly in the U.S., right now. Peace be with you.
2. Kristen Bell Performs Live. If you, or anyone in your house, is a Frozen fan, you must see this. It’s nearly a year old, but I just found it. Kristen Bell performs, “Do You Wanna Build a Snowman” live with the two younger Annas. Super good!
1. Lip Sync Conversation with Ariana Grande. Well, Jimmy Fallon just took Lip Sync Battle up a notch. He and Ariana Grande have a conversation in her dressing room while lip-syncing popular songs. I am kind of in love with her now. She was really good at it!
Have a great, bone-breaking free weekend!