I was so proud of myself. I did not leave my house for a solid six days. The flu shot was had. I sanitized everything. I just knew I was not going to get the flu this year.
And then WHAM!
What first was diagnosed as bronchitis tested positive for the flu two days later.
I blame my kid. She must be Patient Zero. Bringing home those elementary school germs. Rude.
The good news is…it’s not nearly as bad as it was last year (thanks to the flu shot?) and it’s not over my birthday.
Last year suuuuuuuucked.
I’m also able to work some and last year I was on my death bed.
Maybe next year, it’ll just be a cold.
One can hope.
Hopefully you are not watching Gin and Topics while under the weather.
Either way, I have some fun entertainment for you.
And, if you do have the flu, godspeed.
Gin and Topics for Your Viewing Pleasure
5. Ellen Pays Tribute to Her Late Father. When Mattie sent me this video, I said, “I don’t want to cry!” She said, “It’s only 90 seconds. You won’t have time to cry.” And she was right. I only got a little teary-eyed.
4. Meryl Streep and Tom Hanks Play Each Other’s Iconic Roles. This is fantastic! You know they’re great actors when they can pull this off so well. And lots of fun to be around, too.
3. Little Boy Wants Five Dollars. This little boy just knows he’s going to cry when he gets shots, but he’s been promised $5 if he doesn’t. Between that bribe and this magic nurse, he might just get his prize.
2. Margot Robbie and Her Husband’s Tiny Shorts. First of all, if you don’t fall in love with Margot Robbie after this, I don’t know who you are anymore. She is stinking adorable. And the story she tells of being on her honeymoon, with her husband in his tiny shorts, is pure gold.
1. Emma Stone and Jennifer Lawrence. This video makes you want to be besties with the two of them. The story they tell about John the orchestra guy is hilarious. But now I want to know what happened with John the orchestra guy and if his gig is up.
Contribute to Gin and Topics
Have a great video to contribute to Gin and Topics?
Send it to us!
The best place to send it is in our Slack community, but you can also email, text, private message, or carrier pigeon it to us.