We are supposed to get 14 inches of snow tonight through tomorrow.
I swear to you, if they are wrong and have been teasing me all week about this, I am going to be very unhappy.
Plus, I’ve sort of created a monster with my small one. She might actually be worse than me in her snow love.
And we are ready! We have the snowman outfit, the snow paint, and the snow toys ready to go.
It had better snow or the two of us will be going to The Weather Channel to have a chat with their meteorologists.
It also sounds like it’s heading east so good luck to all of you east of Chicago.
I know most of you hate it, but I’m rooting for you. I hope you get snowed in and can watch movies and play board games and play with LEGOs and paint and read a book.
And, of course, watch Gin and Topics…which is ready for you.
Gin and Topics for Your Viewing Pleasure
5. RDJ Hilariously Introduces ScarJo. When Sean sent me this video, he said, “Your boyfriend is hilarious.” (My reputation precedes me.) He IS hilarious and I dream of having him introduce me when I win an award. #BucketList
4. Katelyn Ohashi Perfect Performance. If you haven’t already seen this floor routine, it is a MUST watch. This young woman might actually be Gumby reincarnated. She is crazy good. And my small one, who thinks she’s the next U.S. gold medalist in gymnastics, is star struck. She deserves a 10++ for this performance.
3. Using Hair Tools. This made me laugh out loud…really hard. Because this is me. I did not get the female gene that allows you to choose the right makeup, apply it correctly, style your hair, or keep your fingernails long and manicured. So when you watch this, think of me 40 years from now.
2. Yo-Yo Ma – Bach: Cello Suite No. 1 in G Major. Wow. What a beautiful celebration of art and people’s creativity. I also think it might be the only video on YouTube that doesn’t have a single negative comment (as least as far as I scrolled). It’s that good.
1. The Best Men Can Be. It has been interesting to watch the conversation around this ad this week. From my perspective, I thought it was really well done and made me cry a little. It talks about the importance of moral strength—of treating all people with dignity and respect. It’s not just about no harassing women. It’s about standing up to bullies, leading by example, and treating everyone as you would want to be treated. I think this Clay Shirky quote sums up the issue quite nicely, “When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.”
Contribute to Gin and Topics
Have a video to contribute to Gin and Topics? Send it to us!
The best place to send it is in the Spin Sucks community, but you can also email, text, private message, or Pony Express it to us.
Whatever works for you. Send it to me. You’ll be rewarded with a link back to your content. Your beautiful content.
Have a great weekend!