I’m so excited! Mattie Dietrich and Walker Texas Ranger (her dog) are here!
We have a fun weekend planned.
I’m going to teach her how to cook (she has a list of about 20 things she wants to make), we’re going to work in the garden, we’re going to shampoo the carpet in the basement, we’ll do 65 loads of laundry, we’re going to scrub all the baseboards with toothbrushes, we’re going to wash the walls…and a bunch of other stuff I haven’t decided needs to be done yet.
Doesn’t that sound fun? As my dad always said when we were kids, “Labor Day is for laboring.”
Yay for sister weekend!
Because many of you are already out and about enjoying this last bit of summer, I thought it’d be fun to not introduce new videos this week, but to repeat some of my favorites (you know Tight Pants is coming).
So here you go. Gin and Topics…my favorites.
5. Daddy/Daughter Duet. Whenever I need a little pick-me-up, I watch this video. If only boys knew in high school how much girls love this kind of thing. Also, a guy who can wear a baseball cap backwards? Mmmm.
4. Morgan Freeman and Jimmy Fallon Suck Helium. There is something about the perception we have of Morgan Freeman—sophisticated, distinguished, and highly intelligent—that makes him sucking helium so freaking funny. I laugh every time I watch this!
3. First Moon Party. This commercial has gotten some flack because people think it’s mean of the mom to do, but I think it is H-I-larious! Have a sense of humor, people! We are put on this earth to embarrass the crap out of our kids!
2. Nightly News According to Kids. I love these little girls who report the news. I mean, if you live in Canada, you must get out of Canada right now because there is going to be a tornado and a blizzard. Do not leave anything behind! Canada! You must come to the U.S. or you might die! I’m serious!
1. Tight Pants. I can’t help it! I love this stinking video! Even if you’ve seen it before, you should watch it again. And then sing it all weekend long.
Have a great holiday weekend!