Hello, Friday! So we meet again.
This autumn is going by so quickly, which means it’s the time of the year that I begin to countdown to Christmas.
There are only 13 Fridays left until Christmas! THIRTEEN! And only eight Fridays before Thanksgiving, which will make my niece very happy. She wanted me to make Thanksgiving dinner when she was here for Labor Day.
I think I’ll text her right now to tell her only eight more Fridays.
Not to toot my own horn, but this week’s Gin and Topics is pretty darn good! I had some significant help this week, though, which is why it tops the charts.
5. Watch Me Dance. This, seriously, made me pee my pants. There is nothing better than old people. I mean, nothing. But when you have them Nae Nae and whip? Oh. My. Gosh. My mom said she’s going to be the lady in the front middle with her shirt off her shoulder totally getting into it. So funny!
4. News Reporting Gone Wrong. You have to imagine live news reporting doesn’t always go as planned. This video proves that theory correct.
3. Gil Fulbright for President. It is political season in the U.S., which means you can’t go anywhere, read anything, or see anything without a political message. We tire very quickly of the mud-slinging and debates, but when parodies are made around our message exhaustion, it becomes pretty entertaining. Here, Gil Fulbright is running for President. He says, “Anytime I can get a donor to last longer than four years? Well…” Vote for Gil!
2. 100 Movies Dance Scenes Mashup. This is incredible! I seriously envy the talent of people who can do this. They took 100 dance scenes from movies and put it to “Uptown Funk.” I mean, they nailed Napoleon Dynamite and Risky Business. Super fun!
1. Stevie Wonder Carpool Karaoke. My Stevie Wonder claim to fame is I once saw him at a restaurant in L.A. Every, single person I told said, “Did he see you?” Hardy har har. But, let’s be real, he’s a very good sport, which is evidenced by his wanting to drive and by getting on FaceTime to ask if he really is in the car with James Corden. Ah, and he makes James cry. So sweet! Also, I made the mistake of reading the comments and everyone is obsessed with why Stevie Wonder is wearing a watch. Watch it. It’s 10 minutes and it’s worth every second.
Have a great weekend!